Parks and Green Spaces
Parks and Green Spaces
There’s so much to discover in Camden’s parks, from places to exercise, socialise and relax, you’ll find lots to explore. We’re lucky to have over 76 parks and more than 300 green spaces in Camden and we’re one of the top 20 places in England and Wales for tree cover.
Our parks and green spaces are home to sports courts, playgrounds, cafes, nature reserves and panoramic views of the city – so there’s plenty for everyone to enjoy. Visit Camden’s parks and explore what they have to offer.
Staying safe in our parks
We know that keeping active is vital for our mental health and wellbeing, especially during these times. However, please enjoy our parks safely and follow the public health advice to keep yourself and loved ones safe, especially when visiting parks and open spaces.
Covid test centres
If you develop coronavirus symptoms it is absolutely vital that you self-isolate and get tested. Free tests are available in Camden for anyone who needs one. There are test sites in Camden and test appointments available every day. Book your test at nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119, or you can book through the Council at camden.gov.uk/bookatest or by calling 020 7974 4444 (option 9).
Playgrounds and outdoor gyms
We have lots of playgrounds and outdoor gyms in our parks for you to use and enjoy. Please keep yourself and others safe by:
- Keeping a 2m distance where possible
- Washing hands and using sanitiser regularly
- Use face coverings where possible
- If areas are busy please come back later
- Do not eat or drink in playgrounds
- Please bring your own hygiene products and wipe down equipment after use
- Do not use these spaces if you or anyone from your household has Covid symptoms
Our free-to-use public toilets are open at the following locations:
- Camden Town - gender neutral
- Lincoln’s Inn Fields
- Pond Square
- South End Green
- West End Lane
Maintaining our parks
Camden’s Green Space team manage parks and green spaces on housing estates, sheltered housing sites, verges, churchyards and cemeteries, corporate properties, education sites, nature reserves, and allotments. Within these sites we are responsible for:
- keeping our sites safe, welcoming and clean (please see our park byelaws)
- parks infrastructure (for example maintaining boundary and internal fences and gates, pathways, benches, bins etc)
- soft landscaping
- sports facilities. Multi Use Games Areas (MUGAs), tennis and netball courts, a skate park, and outdoor gyms)
- statues and memorials
To maintain high quality parks and green spaces we work closely with our grounds maintenance contractor Idverde, Tree Contractor City Suburban Tree Surgeons Ltd, and recycling and waste management contractor Veolia UK.
We also work with partners to provide opportunities for people to get involved with food growing, allotments, nature conservation volunteering, and Friends of Community Groups. As well as the ongoing development of our sites through our Green Space Investment Programme.
Please check out the sections above showing some notable parks in Camden as well as this guide to some of Camden's parks and open spaces.
Many of our parks are locked at dusk, so please check our Park Opening Times before you visit.
Camden is also home to world-famous parks like:
- Regent's Park, managed by The Royal Parks
- Hampstead Heath, managed by the Corporation of London
- Highgate Cemetery, managed by the Friends of Highgate Cemetery Trust
- Regent's Canal, managed by The Canal and Rivers Trust.