Events in parks

We manage all events and use of space at 70 parks and other outdoor locations. Feel free to download our outoor venues brochure

During the COVID 19 period you should contact our "Event Advice Clinic" for any event or activation you are considering in the Camden public realm or portfolio of our venues:

020 7974 5633

Holding events, festivals and commercial activations

You need permission for events in our parks and open spaces and the Camden public realm.

If you are looking to run a leafleting campaign or any kind of brand activation this will require a permit from the events team.

Most events are also subject to hire fees. Costs depend on the infrastructure needed.

Allow yourself enough time to plan properly. You may need a minimum of 3 months for a small event and at least 6 months for large events and festivals. 

Contact us 

To discuss any event community function or activation or for more information contact the Camden Events Service.

Please note we don’t manage: 

  • Hampstead Heath – visit City of London or call 020 7332 3322  
  • Primrose Hill or Regents Park - visit Royal Parks or call  0300 061 2000

Apply for an event in a park 

Please include in your application: 

  • the date and time you’d like the event to take place 
  • the event name and description 
  • what you’d like to bring onto the site – such as stage, PA system, stalls, vehicles, fairground rides or marquee 
  • the name of the park you’d like to use 
  • the number of people expected to take part or attend 
  • who is organising the event and give details for a contact person 
  • brief details of your event experience if you’ve organised an outdoor event before  

 To apply for an event please download the application form here  - Events Application Form - PDF (requires Adobe reader )

Download our outdoor venues brochure

If you would like to find out more on event processes and event guidance download this - Event Guidance Camden PDF 

What happens next 

If your event is suitable for the park, we’ll consult local councillors and stakeholders on your behalf. If approved, we’ll ask for your health and safety paperwork.

This may include: 

  • Event management plan
  • Site plan 
  • Insurance details 
  • Licence details 

Once all paperwork has been received we’ll issue a parks permission contract to you. 

Marquees and generators


All marquees must be supplied and erected by a professional company. Some sites are subject to laws which prevent the use of marquees and temporary structures. For more details on this contact


You can use generators in our parks and open spaces as part of an organised event. All generators must be supplied and operated by a professional company. They must be diesel rather than petrol powered. We encourage the use of solar generators and environmental technologies. 

Filming and professional photography

If you are a Camden resident and have queries about filming and/or film parking suspensions in the borough please email us at

Alternatively, you can call us on 0207 620 0391 / Emergency 24 hr Mobile: 07919002115. You can also find useful information here 
If you are film makers interested in filming in the borough please contact us at / 0207 620 0391 or go to 

You’ll need permission to film or take professional photographs in our parks. Camden Film Office can advise you of any charges for filming, television and photography. 

Camden Film Office

Events Licenses

If you are holding an event in open space that has any of the following you will be required to obtain the correct licenses by law.

The supply of Alcohol and or Regulated entertainment (such as live music or film) at an event with no more than 499 people will require a TEN (Temporary event notice).

Apply for a TEN

The supply of Alcohol, and/or Regulated entertainment (such as live music or film) at an event with more than 499 people will require at Premises license.

Apply for a Premises License

These licenses must be obtained from Camden's Licensing team and charges will apply.

If you would like to know more, please read this guide to the Licensing Act 2003 for advice, or speak to one of the events team who can help with the process.

Download the Licensing Act 2003

If you are holding a commercial ticketed event that involves live music, and/or background music, you are required to obtain a PRS license from the Performing rights society.

If you are having traders at your event or running a brand activation such as leafleting in the streets, or trading in any way, you will require a Traders license, which is granted by the events team.

Contact the events team: