Parks and Green Spaces
Staying safe in our parks
We know that keeping active is vital for our mental health and wellbeing, especially during these times. However, Coronavirus is still a risk and we need to follow public health advice to keep yourself and loved ones safe, especially when visiting parks and open spaces.
This includes following the guidance in place:
- You can meet in a group of 6 or a larger group of any size from up to 2 households (including their support bubbles) outdoors.
- Please stay local when exercising and avoid busy spaces to help keep everyone safe
- Stay 2m from anyone you don’t live with
- Wear a face covering in busy areas, unless exempt
- Always wash your hands as soon as you are indoors
- Don’t leave home if you have symptoms of Covid.
BBQs in our parks are not currently permitted.
If you develop coronavirus symptoms it is absolutely vital that you self-isolate and get tested. Free tests are available in Camden for anyone who needs one. There are three test sites in Camden and test appointments available every day. Book your test at nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119, or you can book through the Council at camden.gov.uk/bookatest or by calling 020 7974 4444 (option 9).
Playgrounds and outdoor gyms
Please keep yourself and others safe by:
- Keeping a 2m distance where possible
- Washing hands and using sanitiser regularly
- Use face coverings where possible/li>
- If areas are busy please come back later
- Do not eat or drink in playgrounds
- Please bring your own hygiene products and wipe down equipment after use
- Do not use these spaces if you or anyone from your household has symptoms of Covid
Our free-to-use public toilets are open at the following locations:
- Camden Town - gender neutral
- Lincoln’s Inn Fields
- Pond Square
- South End Green
- West End Lane
Camden’s Green Space team manage 76 parks and over 300 green spaces on housing estates, sheltered housing sites, verges, churchyards and cemeteries, corporate properties, education sites, nature reserves, and allotments. Within these sites we are responsible for:
- keeping our sites safe, welcoming and clean (please see our park byelaws)
- parks infrastructure (for example maintaining boundary and internal fences and gates, pathways, benches, bins etc)
- soft landscaping
- sports facilities. Multi Use Games Areas (MUGAs), tennis and netball courts, a skate park, and outdoor gyms)
- statues and memorials
To maintain high quality parks and green spaces we work closely with our grounds maintenance contractor Idverde, Tree Contractor City Suburban Tree Surgeons Ltd, and recycling and waste management contractor Veolia UK.
We also work with partners to provide opportunities for people to get involved with food growing, allotments, nature conservation volunteering, and Friends of Community Groups. As well as the ongoing development of our sites through our Green Space Investment Programme.
Please check out the sections above showing some notable parks in Camden as well as this guide to some of Camden's parks and open spaces.
Many of our parks are locked at dusk, so please check our Park Opening Times before you visit.
Camden is also home to world-famous parks like: