Clean Camden Toolkits
Increasing fines for illegally dumping rubbish
We wanted to take stronger action against those who commit environmental crimes affecting Camden's street scene.
The fine for littering - including the dropping of cigarette butts - has now been raised to £100.
From Monday 1 April 2019 the cost of fines for the illegal dumping of rubbish and business waste increased.
- fly-tipping maximum penalty increased to £400 (discounted to £200 if paid early)
- business waste - 'failure to comply with a waste receptacle notice' penalty increased to £110 (discounted to £80 if paid early)
We work with our partner Veolia to support safe community litter picks.
Whether taking part by yourself or in a group, please make sure you follow public health guidelines (hands, face and space) to help prevent the spread of coronavirus, including:
- Groups of no more than 30 – and please stay 2 metres away from anyone outside your household or support bubble, including people on the litter pick and others in the area.
- Use hand sanitiser regularly while you’re out, and wash your hands before and after the litter pick.
- Wear a face covering in busy outdoor public spaces where it’s not possible to keep socially distanced from others.
Get a free rapid lateral flow test (for people without symptoms) beforehand to check you’re COVID-free – find out about free rapid lateral flow tests in Camden.