Environment Service priorities and contract
Camden has four priorities for its environmental services:
- managing Camden’s local environmental quality to an agreed standard
- minimising rubbish and maximising participation in reuse and recycling
- generating additional surplus from business recycling and waste services
- increasing local employment opportunities and local economic development
Our environmental services contract with Veolia will be in place until 2024, with the potential for an eight-year extension.
The key environment services contract documents are:
- Conditions of contract and definitions [PDF]
- Service specification [PDF]
- Payment and performance [PDF]
- Contract management [PDF]
The contract is reviewed annually. The latest available report is for 2020-21:
- Environment services contract Annual Service Review 2019-20 [PDF]
- Environment services contract Annual Service Review 2018-19 [PDF]
- Environment services contract Annual Service Review 2017-18 [PDF]
Camden Reduction and Recycling Plan: 2018-2022
Camden’s 2025 vision is to be a clean, vibrant and sustainable borough.
To achieve this we will recycle more of our waste, and work with businesses to reduce the use of packaging and plastic.
Our 'Reduction and Recycling Plan' (RRP) sets out how we intend to do this from 2018 - 2022.
Camden's Reduction and Recycling Plan: 2018-2022
Camden's Reduction and Recycling Plan: latest update (June 2021)