Finding out more
This page explains:
- what a major development is
- how you can find out more about major developments in the borough
- how you can get pre application advice for your major development.
What is a major development?
A major development provides:
- 10 or more houses or flats or
- buildings where the floor space to be created is 1,000 square metres or greater.
How can I find out more about major development that might affect me?
- We encourage developers to consult with the local community before a formal application is submitted. One way of doing this is through a Development Management Forum.
- Once an application is received we will consult in line with the guidelines in the statement of community involvement (PDF).
Large scale major development in Camden
|King's Cross Central||In progress|
|High Speed 2||Proposed|
|Community Investment Programme||In progress|
|Planning Frameworks and Briefs||In progress|
How do I get pre-application advice for a major development?
Major developments are often complex or sensitive. We therefore encourage you to discuss your proposals with the planning service as part of the major development pre-application service. This is before making an application.