Coronavirus (COVID-19) service closures
Camden’s leisure centres are managed by Better. Following Government guidance issued on Friday 20 March, all Better Leisure Centres and Better Gyms across the UK have temporarily closed.
- Kentish Town Sports Centre,
- Oasis Sports Centre,
- Swiss Cottage leisure Centre,
- Pancras Square Leisure
- Talacre Community Sports Centre and Cantelowes Sports Pitch
- Archway Leisure Centre
- Islington Tennis Centre
- Cally Pool
- Highbury Leisure Centre
- Sobell Leisure Centre
- Finsbury Leisure Centre
- Ironmonger Row Leisure Centre
The health and wellbeing of staff and customers is paramount and we have a social responsibility to everyone in the community to take action to protect ourselves and others. Better will automatically apply a payment freeze for all members. This means that you will retain your membership or lesson/course, but will not have to pay during the period that the centre is closed.
We are working closely with Better, local public health authorities and receiving official updates from the Government. Further updates based on this advice will be given when available.
If you are a Better member and would like further information or have any queries, please visit their dedicated page.
The following services have temporarily stopped operating:
- Exercise on Referral and Adult Weight Management
- Talacre Community Sports Centre and Cantelowes Sports Pitch – all children and adult drop-in, term-time and holiday sports programmes
- Sports outreach activities (Kilburn Grange) and Friday Night Project (FNP)
- Camden Health Walks
- Community based Better 55+ Club activities (Peckwater Centre, Royal Free Recreation Club)
Further updates will be provided when available.
Home Based Exercises
- Sports England have provided information on some good ways you can stay active and fit whilst at home.
- Brirish Heart Foundation have provided some useful information on how you can stay active home.
- London Youth have shared a list of fun ways you can adapt your home to exercise by yourself or with your family.