Camden Leisure Centres - Reopening Information
We have been, and continue to, work closely with our leisure partner and operator Better Leisure to make sure facilities are Covid-19 secure. Services and activities are being reintroduced in phases to manage capacity and maximise safety, starting with gym, swim and group exercise. Group exercise classes will be taking place outdoors until at least the 17th May, in accordance with the government roadmap.
Keeping Safe in Camden Leisure Centres
To keep residents and staff safe, Better Leisure has introduced a number of safety procedures, which can be viewed in this short video.
Leisure centre users must pre-book gym, swim or fitness classes and pay online remotely or at the centres by card only. Each activity is booked in a timeslot, the majority of these will be for an hour, however some group exercise classes will be shorter. Users may attend one activity type per day effectively allowing customers to attend 3 sessions, provided they pre-book and leave the centre.
Physical changes to the environment in our leisure facilities to enable social distancing include:
- Reducing the amount of gym stations to allow a 2 metre gap between users
- Reallocating sports halls as studio space, increasing capacity for group exercise
- Only changing rooms in swimming pools will reopen initially
- Doubling the width of swimming lanes
- 3 metre individual bays have been created within exercise studios to ensure a minimum of 2 metres between users during classes
- Separate entrance and exits to leisure centres for customers
- 10 minute change over for outdoor sports bookings