Food waste recycling
Some food waste is unavoidable but that doesn't mean it has to go into your general rubbish bin. Many homes in Camden are eligible for our weekly food waste recycling service.
Lots of things can go in your food waste caddy.
- fruit and vegetable peelings
- tea bags and coffee grounds
- stale bread and pastries
- meat and fish bones (raw and cooked)
- dairy products
- eggs and eggshells
- plate scrapings and leftovers
- garden waste
- any materials other than food waste
When you recycle your food waste, it’s sent to special processing plants and is transformed into low-carbon electricity helping to power homes and communities, or turned into compost, which farmers can use as fertiliser. This is great for the environment.