Recycling bin or bags
In your recycling bin or bags, you can put:
- plastic – including bottles, pots, tubs, cartons and carrier bags (empty and untied)
- paper – including newspapers, magazines and letters
- cardboard – including cereal and egg boxes
- metal – including tins, cans, aerosols, aluminium foil and bottle tops
- glass – including bottles and jars
We won’t collect your recycling if it contains anything that can’t be recycled. This includes black bin bags, textiles, electricals, nappies or food.
Please make sure you:
- rinse and empty all containers
- remove film lids on plastic pots, tubs and trays
- keep bottle tops on
- flatten or fold cardboard boxes
If your recycling doesn’t fit in your bin, put it in a clear plastic recycling bag next to your bin.
If you live in a house or converted house, we have a poster for your kitchen or noticeboard.
If you live in a flat in a shared house, consider putting a recycling poster up in your shared hallway.