Coronavirus (COVID-19) service closures
In line with Government instruction, all Better Leisure Centres in Camden and Islington were closed on Friday 20th March 2020. This includes:
- Kentish Town Sports Centre,
- Oasis Sports Centre,
- Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre,
- Pancras Square Leisure
- Talacre Community Sports Centre and Cantelowes Sports Pitch
- Archway Leisure Centre
- Islington Tennis Centre
- Cally Pool
- Highbury Leisure Centre
- Sobell Leisure Centre
- Finsbury Liesure Centre
- Ironmonger Row Leisure Centre
The health and wellbeing of staff and customers is paramount and we have a social responsibility to everyone in the community to take action to protect ourselves and others. Better will automatically apply a payment freeze for all members. This means that you will retain your membership or lesson/course, but will not have to pay during the period that the centre is closed.
We are working closely with Better and local public health authorities and receiving official updates from the Government. Further updates based on this advice will be given when available.
If you are a Better member and would like further information or have any queries, please visit their dedicated page.
The following services have temporarily stopped operating:
- Talacre Community Sports Centre and Cantelowes Sports Pitch – all children and adult drop-in, term-time and holiday sports programmes
- Sports outreach activities (Kilburn Grange) and Friday Night Project (FNP)
- Camden Health Walks
- Community based Better 55+ Club activities (Peckwater Centre, Royal Free Recreation Club).
Camden and Islington Active Health Team
The majority of Council staff are now working at home through remote, secure access to our systems.
Where possible please now communicate with us by telephone or email. We have limited staff in our offices to deal with post, but as most staff are homeworking, electronic communications will mean we can respond quickly.