Coronavirus update – only emergency jobs to be carried out in council homes
As the government has imposed a stay at home policy in order to avoid the spread of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) from Tuesday 24 March 2020 we will only be carrying out emergency repairs inside tenants' homes until further notice. All communal repairs will be carried out as per normal although this will be under constant review.
Emergency repairs include:
- A smell / potential presence of gas or carbon monoxide
- No gas
- Serious water leak – a severe leak or burst pipe
- Blocked (only) toilet in the property, dirty water coming up through plug holes or toilets
- Electricity – total loss of power supply, water leaking through electrical fittings. Sparking or buzzing light fittings or sockets.
- Heating and hot water – total loss of heating and hot water during winter periods
- Drains – communal drains (internal or external), overflowing with sewage
- Soil Stack – external soil stack blocked.
- Security – insecure front/back door or ground floor window, broken window/door glass panel (make safe only, no re-glazing)
- Ceiling – making safe dangerous ceilings.
- Communal services – making safe boundary walls (regardless of height of wall)
- Roofing – falling masonry, render, roof tiles or slates.
- Repairs which risk the health and safety or security of yourself or anyone else in your home or around your estate
- No cold water
- Missing man hole covers
- OT - Ceiling hoists (someone stuck); Stair lifts (someone stuck)
- Blocked chute
- Lift repair
Essential and non-urgent repairs like decorating, plastering, mould washing, bath panel replacement, adjusting doors or non-emergency surveys will be temporarily put on hold. Our normal service will resume once the risk has reduced and we will keep you updated of any developments.
Our repairs customer service staff will ask everyone requesting a repair if anyone in their household is self-isolating. Repairs staff or our contractors will only attend a home where a tenant is self-isolating in an emergency, on a case by case basis, following advice from our public health team.
Due to the possible vulnerability and age of tenants in sheltered housing, we will be limiting the number of tradespeople coming into the sheltered schemes and only carrying out emergency repairs.
If you have any queries about repairs please call Repairs customer service on 020 7974 4444 option 3 then 1.