Report a repair
Our repairs team work hard to keep your council homes safe, warm and in good repair all year round.
If your repair is an emergency or you are registered as an enhanced resident, call us 020 7974 4444 option 3 then 1, from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Report all non-emergency repairs online
We are receiving many more calls than we used to, and we want to make sure you can always get through to someone when it matters most. To help us do this, all non-emergency repairs now need to be reported online unless you are an enhanced tenant.
Reporting online is quick and easy with your Camden Account – you can report a repair 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The appointments you can book online are exactly the same as the appointments our call handlers can book.
How to report online
- Log in or sign up at camden.gov.uk/camdenaccount
- Click on 'Housing' then 'Request a repair'
- Choose an appointment that suits you
- We'll text you to confirm your appointment
The first time you report a repair, you will need your rent number. You’ll find it on the bottom right hand corner of your rent statement.
Do you have questions about your repair?
If you have a question or need advice about a housing repair, you can talk to us instantly and upload pictures of your repair on webchat from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Just click on the blue speech bubble at the bottom of this page to start your webchat.
You can follow the progress of a current or recent communal repair by signing up to receive updates by text message when communal repairs are reported in or around your building.
There are some repairs that you are responsible for as a tenant (excluding sheltered housing tenants) that our repairs team can’t help you with. Please don’t report the following repairs because we won’t be able to book them:
- Unblocking sinks and drains
- Inside doors (apart from your kitchen door)
- Front door numbers
- Security chains, additional locks, lost or damaged keys
- Carpets or flooring except in bathrooms
- Light bulbs or fuses
- Plugs and chains on baths, basins and sinks
- Curtain rails, hooks and shelves
- Surface cracks in wall surfaces and plasterwork
- Kitchen worktops, handles, drawers and cupboards (unless fair wear and tear – if you’re not sure, the best thing to do is contact us on webchat where you can upload pictures of your repair)
- Tiles around baths and sinks
- Minor drainage blockages
- Internal decorations
- Your private garden
- Toilet seats
Handy person service
The care and repair handyperson service carries out small home repairs for a small fee for those people who otherwise would struggle to get them done on their own.
The service can be accessed by any Camden resident who is over 65, or by those who are disabled or vulnerable.
Other useful links and contact numbers
- Nationalgrid or 0800 111 999
- Thames Water - to report a mains clean water leak
- Contact Thames Water on 0800 316 9800 If the leak is not clean water, for example, a sewer blockage or flooding
- UK Power Networks If you are experiencing a power cut
- London Fire Brigade for fire alarm installation contact local fire service on 0800 028 4428
- BTU 0207 499 0602
- GEM 0208 985 0409
Feedback and compliments
Your views are important to us so please send compliments or any suggestions to improve the repairs service below.