Support we offer
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update - 12 June
Since 1 June nursery, childcare settings and childminders have been permitted to welcome all pre-school children back as long as they can make their premises COVID-19 safe. Many nurseries in Camden have opened, or are planning to open, in the next few days and weeks. If you have questions about your child’s nursery place please contact your usual nursery or, contact your local children’s centre on the number below where staff will be happy to advise you.
• Regents Park Children’s Centre: 020 7974 8934
• Harmood Children’s Centre: 020 7974 8961
• Agar Children’s Centre: 020 7974 4789
• Langtry Nursery: 020 7974 3252.
If you use a childminder, they should have been in touch with you directly.
Period poverty - free sanitary products for women and girls
Free sanitary products for local women and girls who need them are now available from reception at our four children's centres above - thanks to a joint effort by the Council and and local campaign group The Tricky Period.
Our teams can also deliver to family homes if people are shielding or self-isolating.
Virtual health and wellbeing sessions for families
Join Camden’s Health and Wellbeing Team from your own home for virtual Starting Solids / Starting Solids Next Steps Sessions or Families for Life sessions.
- Starting Solids sessions – support on introducing solid foods for babies around 6 months
- Starting Solids next steps sessions – for parents/carers that have already introduced solid foods but need further support
- Families for Life Early Years sessions – advice on fussy eating, healthy eating, indoor active play and tasty recipe ideas.
- Book your place on any of these sessions here
If you have any questions or queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 974 6736.
Camden Sure Start services
Camden Sure Start supports you from the moment you know you’re expecting, through pregnancy and birth, until your child is 5 years old. Read our leaflet and watch our videos to find out more:
Join our courses and drop-in sessions
Healthy start vitamins
Healthy Start in St Pancras and Somers Town
Health visiting and family support
- family support (home visiting and 1-1 advice)
- parenting support (1-1 and groups) and child psychotherapy
- mental health services for parents
- children’s speech and language therapy
- housing advice
Bump to Baby Group
A group for new and expecting parents, focusing on becoming a parent and bonding with your baby.
Bump to baby leaflet (PDF)
Bump to baby video:
Refer yourself to a maternity service
Information for young parents
Training, volunteering, work and help with benefits
- Employability and help with benefits leaflet (PDF)
- Parent Champions leaflet (PDF)
- Early years volunteering opportunities (PDF)