Skip to main content

Camden publication scheme

This is the improved Camden website. Find out what's new.

Who we are and what we do

Our constitution

Find out about the framework and rules for governing the council on our Democracy in Camden

Departments and services

Find out how our council is organised.

Meet your Councillors

Find out about opportunities to meet your local councillors, when their surgeries are and how to contact them

Contact us

Find out how to contact us, general enquiries, visiting our offices

Camden directories

All the contact information for services you need if you’re living, visiting or working in Camden. 

Voting and elections

Find out more about voting and elections in Camden.

Lists and registers

Statement of accounts

Information about costs and income of the council’s services

What is the Electoral Register?

The electoral register lists the names and addresses of everyone who is registered to vote. It’s used for electoral and other purposes specified in the law, specifically:

  • detecting crime such as fraud
  • calling people for jury service
  • checking credit application

The open register is an extract of the electoral register, but is not used for elections. It can be bought by any person, company or organisation. For example, companies and charities use it to confirm names and addresses.

Popular data

These datasets include information that is frequently requested under a Freedom of Information request, and has a huge number and variety of datasets.

Your Councillors

For information on Councillors' financial interests, gifts and hospitality


Services we offer

As a large council, Camden has a wide range of services.  Our services are all on our website.  Here are the links to the services we have. 
Benefits and support 
•    Information about what benefits and support are available 
•    How to tell us about a change in your circumstances for benefits 
•    Information about Universal Credit and Housing Benefit 
•    Information on benefit changes that might affect you 
•    Free school meals 
•    Advice on money, benefits and debt 
•    Extra help with housing costs 
•    Disputing a housing benefit decision 
•    Free school travel 
Births, Deaths, Marriages and Citizenship   
•    Information about how to register a birth or a death 
•    Giving notice of a marriage or a civil partnership 
•    Copies of birth, marriage and death certificates 
•    The EU Settlement Scheme (EuSS) 
•    European services and citizenship 
•    Citizenship ceremonies 
•    Book a registrar 
•    Camden marriage and civil partnership venues 
•    Same day burial service 
•    Coroner’s service 

•    Commercial property for sale and rent 
•    Business rates explained 
•    How to pay business rates 
•    Markets in Camden  
•    Street or market trading license 
•    Trading fees and charges 
•    Market news 
•    Food licensing 
•    Alcohol and entertainment licenses 
•    Which license guide 
•    Temporary event notice application 
•    Advise for businesses such as starting a business, networking and permits 
Children, families and Young People 
•    Early help for children and families 
•    Free child care funding 
•    Find registered childcare 
•    Children’s centres 
•    Drop-ins and courses for families’ with children under 5 
•    Working in childcare 
•    Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) 
•    Youth services 
•    Staying safe  
Council Tax 
•    Paying council tax paying and checking account online 
•    Moving into and out of Camden 
•    Single person discount 
•    Discounts and exemptions for students 
•    Council tax reduction scheme 
•    Appeals against council tax  
Crime and safety 
•    Community safety 
•    Antisocial behaviour 
•    Domestic violence help and advice 
•    Emergencies how to prepare and what to do 
•    CCTV 
•    Camden Safety Net 
•    Hate crime 
•    Public Space Protection orders 
•    Primary schools 
•    Secondary schools 
•    Virtual school for looked after children 
•    School admissions 
•    School transport help 
•    Term dates 
•    Exclusion from school 
•    Instrument and voice lessons in school  
•    After school clubs and holiday play schemes  
•    Educational psychology service 
•    Adult community learning  
Environmental issues 
•    Noise 
•    Report street damage or a cleaning issue like graffiti, fly-tipping and street obstructions 
•    Dog fouling  
•    Ari quality 
•    Save energy and keep warm 
•    Winter weather 
•    Landlords, home owners and private tenants 
•    Leaseholders – selling, remortgaging, services charges and alterations  
•    Housing repairs for council tenants 
•    Apply for council housing 
•    Council tenants’ rights and responsibilities 
•    Bid for a council or housing association property 
•    Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) 
•    Chalcots Estate news 
•    Chalcots Independent Review 
•    Landlord accreditation scheme 
Jobs and Skills 

•    Camden Council jobs 
•    Camden Schools jobs 
•    Employment Support 
•    Apprentices 
Libraries and local studies 
•    Renew library items 
•    What you can borrow from libraries and charges 
•    Local studies and archives centre 
•    Local history exhibitions 
•    Digital library 
•    Parking permits, how to apply 
•    Blue badge parking 
•    Parking bay suspensions 
•    Pay a Penalty Charge Notice 
•    Challenge a Penalty charge notice  
•    Where to park -  for disabled drivers, on councils estates, in CPZs etc 
•    HS2 parking 
•    Cashless parking 
•    CPZs 
•    Apply for resident parking permits 
•    Recently advertised traffic management proposals 
•    Traffic Management Orders 
Planning  and building development 
•    Pre-planning application advice 
•    Search planning applications 
•    Community Infrastructure Levy and what it’s spent on 
•    Planning applications, how to apply, looking for applications, the appeals process 
•    Planning statements and information 
•    Building control fees and charges, search applications and advice 
•    Conservation and listed buildings, local list, listed buildings, conservation areas and tree preservation orders 
•    High Speed 2 (HS2) 
•    Major developments 
•    Planning Obligations 
Recycling and rubbish 

•    Collection days 
•    Report a missed collection 
•    Order a bin, bag or box 
•    Report an issue 
•    Business rubbish and recycling 
Roads and Travel 

•    West end project 
•    Disabled and older persons’’ travel 
•    Older persons’ Freedom Pass 
•    Transport strategy 
Social care and health 
•    Adult social care 
•    Safeguarding adults partnership board 
•    Services for children with disabilities 
•    Mental health services 
•    Adoption 
•    Sensory needs service 
•    Camden care choices 
•    Camden learning difficulties service 
•    Children’s safeguarding and social work 
•    Health  
Sports and leisure 
•    Keep active and healthy 
•    Activities for children and young people 
•    Parks and open spaces 
•    Rebalance and exercise on referral programmes 
•    Activities for older people