The Council formally adopted the Highgate Neighbourhood Plan on 11 September 2017.
Key documents (all PDFs)
- Highgate Neighbourhood Plan Adoption version
- Highgate Neighbourhood Plan Appendix 2 Traffic and Transport
- Highgate Neighbourhood Plan Appendix 3 Schematic of possible ecological corridors
- Highgate Neighbourhood Plan Appendix 4 Locally listed buildings of merit
- Highgate Neighbourhood Plan Appendix 5 Camden's Local List Jan 2015
- Adoption statement
- Examiner’s report
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Strategic Environmental Assessment, non-technical summary
Stages in the preparation of the Highgate Neighbourhood Plan are set out in the order that they happened below.
Neighbourhood Area and Forum applications
Highgate Neighbourhood Area and Forum were approved on 17 December 2012 by Camden Council and 18 December 2012 by Haringey Council. A public consultation on the Area and Forum applications took place between 21 September and 2 November 2012.
The Forum was re-designated for another 5 years by Camden Council on 26 March 2018 and Haringey Council on 9 March 2018. The associated consultation took place between 15 January and 26 February 2018.
The 2012 approved applications can be viewed below (all PDFs). They show the area in which the neighbourhood planning powers apply.
- Highgate Neighbourhood Forum application
- Highgate Neighbourhood Area application
- Neighbourhood Area
The 2017 forum application can be viewed below:
The Highgate Neighbourhood Forum submitted their Neighbourhood Plan to Haringey and Camden Councils for consultation in September 2016.
Submitted documents (all PDFs):
- Highgate Neighbourhood Plan submission draft
- Strategic Environment Assessment (SEA), Basic Conditions Statement and Consultation Statement, available above.
The six week public consultation ended in October 2016. The responses can be found here:
Camden and Haringey Councils, with support from the Highgate Neighbourhood Forum, appointed an examiner. Ms Jill Kingaby BSc (Econ) MSc MRTPI was appointed to hold an independent examination on the Neighbourhood Plan.
Haringey Council and the Forum provided further information to the Examiner. This was concerning Key Site Policy KS3 (this site is not within Camden).
The Examiner’s Report was received on 28 February 2017. It confirmed that, subject to modifications being made, the Plan meets the ‘Basic Conditions’ and should proceed to a referendum.
A referendum was held on 6 July 2017. The referendum question was:
“Do you want London Boroughs of Haringey and Camden to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Highgate to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
Of the votes cast, 88% supported the Councils using the Plan, 12% voted against. 0.5% of ballot papers were rejected. The turnout was 18.2%.