Adoption of revised local area requirements
Where your proposed development includes student accommodation a student management plan is needed.
The information below provides further details about:
- when a student management plan is needed
- what information this document should include
- how to submit it to us
- where further information can be found.
When is a student management plan needed?
A student management plan is needed for all planning application that involves student accommodation.
What information should be included when submitting applications that involve student accommodation?
The student management plan should include details of safety and crime prevention and a ‘Code of Conduct’. This shall include details on;
- health and safety standards and procedures;
- maintenance and repairs;
- environmental quality;
- landlord and tenant relationship;
- student welfare;
- antisocial behaviour and disciplinary procedures;
- administration, accreditation and compliance procedures.
- secured by design principles as outlined in Camden Planning Guidance
- student tenancy agreement
How do I submit an application for a proposed development that includes student accommodation?
If you apply for planning permission online using the Planning Portal, you can also upload your contaminated land assessment. This is after you have completed the relevant application forms.
Before uploading any files, please read our guidance notes for submitting electronic files with planning applications (PDF).
If you choose to submit a paper-based application instead, you will need to provide:
- four copies of your contaminated land assessment
- four copies of the relevant application forms.
Where can I find out further information?
Camden Core Strategy CS6 (PDF)