1. Applications should be made at least 17 days prior to the start date of the parking suspension. A short notice fee applies to later applications and a minimum of 3 days is required before a start date. – see number 11 regards parking enforcement.
2. An administration fee is charged for each type of parking bay suspended (resident bay or car club bay for example). If multiple parking bays are required, then multiple administration fees will apply.
3. We cannot guarantee that a space will be free and do not accept liability for any additional costs that you may incur due to obstructions.
4. An on-street space is normally 5 metres long and spaces on the map in Online Suspensions may be shorter or longer depending on the total length of the parking bay. Please note, that the spaces in Online Suspensions are indicative and not marked on the road.
5. A space may be suspended for a maximum of 6 months.
6. Parking suspensions cannot be used for convenience parking. The registration details for vehicles authorised to use the suspension can be added through your suspension account.
7. Amendments and cancellations can be made through your account, and these may incur additional administration or short notices fees. If you need to make a change to a suspension sign already on street, you will need to make an amendment or cancellation before 3pm. Any changes made after 3pm will be considered the next working day.
8. Any problem with a suspension needs to be reported at the earliest opportunity. Please contact 020 7974 4444 quoting the suspension reference with a road name and we will assist where possible.
9. Camden Council reserve the right to amend or cancel a suspension at any time. If we need to do this, we will endeavour to inform you as soon as possible from the contact details you provide.
10. If the suspension needs to be extended, the request and payment of the extension must be made at least 4 working days before the current suspension ends. The short notice fee will not be applied where an existing suspension is extended.
11. While priority is given to the enforcement of parking suspensions, this is dependent on available resources at the time.
12. Due to the width of the road, it is not possible to safely remove or relocate a vehicle from certain locations within the borough.
13. We do not remove vehicles to the car pound where less than 14 days on-street warning of the suspension has been provided (excludes skip suspensions). Where less than 14 days on-street notice is given, we offer a relocation service. In this instance, a relocation fee of £200 is chargeable prior to the dispatch of a removal truck to relocate a vehicle. If upon arrival, the vehicle in question is no longer parked in the suspended bay, the relocation fee will not be refunded. If a vehicle is relocated, it will be placed in the nearest parking bay available to it’s current location.
14. To report obstructing vehicles parked within a suspended bay, contact 020 7974 7134 quoting the suspension reference with road name. An officer will check if the location is valid for removal. If valid, the officer will dispatch a removal truck to the location. If not valid, (i.e. less than 14 days on-street notice given), the officer will advise that a ‘non refundable’ relocation fee is payable to dispatch a removal truck to the location.
15. By contacting this number, you will only be able to report a vehicle which is obstructing / parked in a suspended bay.
Cancellations and refunds
16. The administration fee is non-refundable where the advance warning sign has been printed and placed on-street.
17. The short notice fee is non-refundable once a suspension has started.
18. If the suspension is no longer required, you must cancel the booking in your account as soon as possible. If you no longer need a suspension or you have completed your work earlier than expected, you may be able to a full or partial refund. An administration fee will apply if the suspension signage has already been placed on-street.
19. Any other refund request will be considered on a case by case basis.