1. Applications should be made at least 17 days prior to the start date of the parking suspension. A short notice fee applies to later applications and a minimum of 3 days is required before a start date. – see number 11 regards parking enforcement.
2. An administration fee is charged for each type of parking bay suspended (resident bay or car club bay for example). If multiple parking bays are required, then multiple administration fees will apply.
3. A space may be suspended for a maximum of 6 months and is charged according to duration tiers: day 1; days 2-5; days 6-10; days 11-14; days 15-42; and days 43-183. Rebooking within a week will be treated as an extension to the previous suspension booking and result in the continuation of the last charging tier.
4. We cannot guarantee that a space will be free and do not accept liability for any additional costs that you may incur due to obstructions.
5. Parking suspensions cannot be used for convenience parking. The registration details for vehicles authorised to use the suspension can be added through your suspension account.
6. An on-street space is normally 5 metres long and spaces on the map in Online Suspensions may be shorter or longer depending on the total length of the parking bay. Please note, that the spaces in Online Suspensions are indicative and not marked on the road.
7. Amendments can be made through your account and these may incur additional fees. If you need to make a change to a suspension sign already on street, you will need to make the amendment at least 4 days prior to the suspension starting. Any change request made after 3pm will be considered the next working day.
8. If the suspension needs to be extended, the request and payment of the extension must be made at least 4 working days before the current suspension ends. The short notice fee will not be applied where an existing suspension is extended.
9. Any problem with a suspension needs to be reported at the earliest opportunity. Please contact 020 7974 4444 quoting the suspension reference with a road name and we will assist where possible.
10. Camden Council reserve the right to amend or cancel a suspension at any time. If we need to do this, we will endeavour to inform you as soon as possible from the contact details you provide.
11. While priority is given to the enforcement of parking suspensions, this is dependent on available resources at the time and only between 8.15am and 6.45pm.
12. Due to the width of the road, it is not possible to safely remove or relocate a vehicle from certain locations within the borough.
13. We do not remove vehicles to the car pound where less than 13 days on-street warning of the suspension has been provided (excludes skip suspensions). A relocation service is available where shorter notice has been provided. A relocation fee of £200 is chargeable prior to the dispatch of a removal truck, this is non-refundable even if the vehicle is moved before relocation. If a vehicle is relocated, it will be placed in the nearest parking bay to the previous location.
14. To report obstructing vehicles parked within a suspended bay, contact 020 7974 7134 quoting the suspension reference with road name - this number cannot be used to report any other matter. An officer will make checks, i.e. the warning period, location, available resources, and will dispatch a removal truck if all is in order.
Cancellations and refunds
15. The administration fee is non-refundable where the advance warning sign has been printed and placed on-street.
16. The short notice fee is non-refundable once a suspension has started.
17. If the suspension is no longer required, you must cancel the booking in your account as soon as possible - reports after 3pm will be considered made the next working day. If no longer needed or you have completed works earlier than expected, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund. An administration fee will apply if the suspension signage has already been placed on-street.
18. Any other refund request will be considered on a case by case basis.