Recycling bin or bags
In your recycling bin or bags, you can put:
- plastic – including carrier bags, bottles, pots, tubs and cartons
- paper – including newspapers, magazines and letters
- cardboard – including cereal and egg boxes
- metal – including tins, cans, aerosols, aluminium foil and bottle tops
- glass – including bottles and jars
We won’t collect your recycling if it contains anything that can’t be recycled. This includes black bin liners, textiles, nappies or food.
Please make sure you:
- rinse and empty all containers
- remove film lids on plastic pots, tubs and trays
- keep bottle tops on
- flatten or fold cardboard boxes
If your recycling doesn’t fit in your bin, put it in a clear plastic bag next to your bin. All cardboard boxes must be flattened for collection.
If you live in a flat in a shared house, consider putting a poster up in your shared hallway.