Girls Get Moving is an opportunity for girls aged 8 to 14 years old to get active. A safe place to socialise and make new friends, develop and learn new skills and most of all to have fun whilst taking part in their favourite activities. Activities include Trampolining, Football, Mini Tennis, Table Tennis, Badminton, Fun Games and much more.
This year’s Girls Get Moving activities have been adapted to ensure they meet government advice and provide a safe, positive, fun environment.
Activities will take place on the outdoor astro-turf sports pitch and include a variety of fun adapted activities including: table tennis, badminton, mini tennis, trampoline, fitness, football, fun games.
All levels and abilities will be catered for and activities are supervised by qualified coaches.
Shade and shelter areas will be provided outside on the pitch and access to indoor facilities and activities will be available in the event of poor weather conditions.
Activities will follow Public Health England’s guidelines for Sports and Physical Activities
Girls Get Moving Mondays
Dates: 10th & 17th August 2020
Times: 4PM - 6PM
Number of places: maximum of 20 places
How to book - Girls Get Moving - Mondays:
Please complete the registration form to book your place:
- The registration form will be received by Camden Sport and Physical Activity Team
- The team will contact you to confirm:
- that your child has a place
- if your child has any additional needs to ensure that we can look after your child.
See Parent information below - before booking
Girls Get Moving - Week
Booking are only available for full week camps, daily places are not available this year.
Dates: 24th - 28th August
Times: 1pm - 4pm
Price: £16.50 (weekly rate)
Number of places: maximum of 28 places available
- We offer discounted prices for children registered with a Camden GLL Better Card.
- Visit Better Leisure to find out how to take a membership.
Parent Information - Changes to the 2020 Girls Get Moving programme:
- Children will be split into a bubble when they arrive and will remain in that group, for the day to help conform with social distancing and government guidelines
- There will be a one way system put in place to help young people follow social distancing guidelines in communal areas including activity areas and toilets
- Children will need to bring with them:
- A named bag for children’s belongings.
- Named water bottle (no fizzy drinks and glass bottles not permitted)
- Healthy snack
- Participants should wear sports kit and trainers, bring a sun hat and waterproof jacket.
- Socks are required for trampolining
- No jewellery
- Parents are encouraged to ensure children leave valuables at home. There will not be access to lockers and we will not be able to take responsibility for any valuables.
How to book:
- Better leisure centre members can book 7 days in advance (from Monday 17 August at 10pm)
- Non-members are able to book 5 days in advance (from Wednesday 19 August at 10pm)
- Please book and pay for your child’s places on the Better website
(Select: Make a Booking, Talacre (sports centre), Children Sessions, Girls Get Moving)
- Once you have received payment confirmation - please complete the registration form here: (Registration form will be available from Monday 17 August.)
- The registration form will be received by Camden Sport and Physical Activity Team.
- The team will contact you if your child has any additional needs to ensure that we can look after.
- For queries relating to your Better leisure membership card please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Talacre Sports Centre, Dalby Street, Kentish Town, NW5 3AF
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0207 974 6294 / 2022