Fortune Green and West Hampstead
The Council formally adopted the Fortune Green and West Hampstead (FGWH) Neighbourhood Plan on 16 September 2015.
- Fortune Green and West Hampstead Neighbourhood Plan as adopted September 2015
- Adoption ‘Publishing’ statement
- Examiner’s Report
- Statement of Basic Conditions as adopted
- Consultation Statement as adopted
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) as adopted
Stages in the preparation of the neighbourhood plan are set out in the order that they happened below.
Neighbourhood Area and Forum applications
On 9 May 2013 the Council approved the status of the Fortune Green and West Hampstead Neighbourhood Area and Neighbourhood Forum. The public consultation on the applications for the forum took place from 31 January to 15 March 2013.
The Forum was re-designated for another 5 years by the Council on 12th April 2019. The associated consultation took place between 10 January and 22nd February 2019.
The 2013 approved application documents can be viewed below. They show the area in which the neighbourhood powers apply.
The 2019 Forum re-designation application can be viewed below:
The Fortune Green and West Hampstead Neighbourhood Forum submitted their Neighbourhood Plan to the Council in September 2014.
- Fortune Green and West Hampstead Neighbourhood Plan 2014
- Statement of Basic Conditions
- Consultation Statement
- Strategic Environmental Assessment SEA main report
- Strategic Environmental Assessment SEA non-technical summary
The Council consulted on the documents above which closed on 31 October 2014.
The Council, with support from the Fortune Green and West Hampstead Neighbourhood Forum, appointed Mr John Parmiter to hold an independent examination on the Plan. A public hearing was held on 11 December 2014 in Hampstead Synagogue.
The Examiner’s report January 2015 concluded that, subject to the policy modifications recommended being made, the Plan will meet the Basic Conditions and should proceed to a referendum.
- Examiner’s Report on Fortune Green and West Hampstead Neighbourhood Plan
- Fortune Green and West Hampstead Neighbourhood Plan Public Hearing Agenda
- Public Hearing ‘green document’
- Council's Decision Statement 27 March 2015
A referendum was held on 9 July 2015. The referendum question was “Do you want London Borough of Camden to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Fortune Green and West Hampstead to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The Neighbourhood Plan passed referendum with a YES vote of 93% (referendum result).