Sheltered housing is a suitable and secure housing option for over 65s. It enables independent living by offering an alarm system with mobile teams for out-of-hours emergencies. The flats are self-contained studios or one bedroom flats in a complex which often has a communal social area.
Sheltered housing criteria:
You must be at least 65.
Housing needs - at least one of the following housing needs must apply to you:
- You are living with relatives where the relationship is breaking down
- You are living in overcrowded conditions
- You are living in accommodation that is unsuitable because of poor repair
- You are living in accommodation that is difficult to get into or get around in and which cannot be adapted
- You are living in accommodation that is difficult to heat or make secure.
- You are homeless
Support needs -at least one of the following support needs must apply to you:
- You are frail because of your age
- You have physical or mental health problems, such as dementia
- You have multiple health problems that mean you need support
- You need support to maintain a tenancy
- You have a poor quality of life due to loneliness and isolation
- You have a hearing or sight problem that affects your day-to-day activities
- You have issues relating to safety and security that affect your day-to-day activities
- You are over 75 – but need less support – and you are planning your future
To apply for Sheltered Housing, please contact our Sheltered Assessment Officers Paula Rodrigues on 020 7974 1991 email@example.com or Eva Menon on 020 7974 4764 firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any further support contact the sheltered housing team.