Admission to Camden schools
Nursery admissions are dealt with by primary schools, children's centres and other nursery providers in Camden. Parents should apply to these directly.
Primary school reception admissions
We co-ordinate admission for reception places at Camden primary schools. We also provide advice on transfers, vacancies and appeals.
- You can apply online for a 2022 reception place from September 2021 until 15 January 2022
- Read our guide 'Starting School in Camden'.
Secondary school transfer
Camden Council co-ordinates the transfer from primary to secondary school for admission to all Camden state secondary schools. Find out more about Camden secondary schools in our annual guide.
- The deadline to apply for Year 7 places for September 2022 is 31 October 2021
- Download a poster / flyer for Camden secondary school open events 2021. Please confirm event day / time with the school you wish to visit before attending
- Camden School for Girls have now decided to hold their open events 'virtually' (online) and other schools may decide to do the same so it's important to check in advance
- Parliament Hill School will now hold their open evening on Thursday 7 October, from 5pm to 7.30pm (not 23 September, as originally planned). Please book your place for the open evening on the school's website here. Open mornings will be held on 12, 13, 14 October, from 9am to 10.30am. Please book your place for the open mornings here
- Meet the Parents holds informal forums for primary parents at local schools across the borough. Some are in-person and some online - details here
In-year school admissions
An in-year application is when you make an application to a school outside of the normal admissions round. This is at a time when your child should already be attending school. Camden schools organise in-year admissions themselves.
Social or medical applications for Camden community schools
Find out more about this and how to apply for a school place on these grounds. See our policy and form:
Social and medical form (DOC)
The form needs to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org within the deadline.
Children Missing Education
Please inform the London Borough of Camden if you know of a child of compulsory school age who:
- is not on a school roll
- is not being educated at home, privately, or in alternative provision
If you have any queries or want to notify us of a child missing from education, please contact Sona Ruparell, School Inclusion and Children Missing Education Officer, on 020 7974 4596 or email Sona.Ruparell@camden.gov.uk
CME Policy March 2021-22 (PDF)