Admission to Camden schools
Nursery admissions are dealt with by primary schools, children's centres and other nursery providers in Camden. Parents should apply to these directly.
Primary school reception admissions
We co-ordinate admission for reception places at Camden primary schools. We also provide advice on transfers, vacancies and appeals.
- You can apply online for a 2022 reception place from September 2021 until 15 January 2022
- Read our guide 'Starting School in Camden'.
Secondary school transfer
Camden Council co-ordinates the transfer from primary to secondary school for admission to all Camden state secondary schools. Find out more about Camden secondary schools in our annual guide.
- The deadline to apply for Year 7 places for September 2022 will be 31 October 2021
- Meet the Parents holds informal forums for primary parents at local schools across the borough.
In-year school admissions
An in-year application is when you make an application to a school outside of the normal admissions round. This is at a time when your child should already be attending school. Camden schools organise in-year admissions themselves.
Social or medical applications for Camden community schools
Find out more about this and how to apply for a school place on these grounds. See our policy and form:
Social and medical form (DOC)
The form needs to be returned to email@example.com within the deadline.
Children Missing Education
Please inform the London Borough of Camden if you know of a child of compulsory school age who:
- is not on a school roll
- is not being educated at home, privately, or in alternative provision
If you have any queries or want to notify us of a child missing from education, please contact Sona Ruparell, School Inclusion and Children Missing Education Officer, on 020 7974 4596 or email Sona.Ruparell@camden.gov.uk