If, having read the officers’ report, you wish to make further comments on the application, you should not contact the Members of the Planning Committee directly.
Instead you should either: -
- write to the Committee with your views (known as making a written submission). Submissions should not be more than two sides of A4 long, although you can submit additional illustrative material such as photographs if you wish. Your email, fax or letter should be sent to and received by the Committee Clerk no later than 9am on the day before the meeting.
- ask to speak at the meeting (known as making a deputation). If you would like to speak at the Committee meeting, you must make the request to the Clerk in writing by email, fax or letter. Your request needs to include a statement of the issues you want to raise, be no more than two sides of A4 long, and has to be with the Clerk by 9am on the day before the meeting. If you do not do this, you will lose your chance to speak unless the Chair considers there are exceptional circumstances - e.g. you asked to be informed of the date of the meeting when you first sent in your comments, and it was not done.
When you send in a written submission or deputation request, please ensure that you provide the following information to assist us in processing your request and to enable to communicate with you:
- Your name
- An email address and contact telephone number
- The name of any group you represent, whether you are a neighbouring occupier, or whether you are the applicant or an agent
- The address of the application you are writing about; and
- Whether you wish to speak for or against, or whether you are commenting on the application.
Your comments or objections should deal with the planning issues of a case only, such as how you and your home might be affected by the proposal. It must not contain anything defamatory or discriminatory.
The Clerk will collate and send all correspondence to the Members on the evening of the day before the meeting and it will be made public on the supplementary agenda.
Communications on planning matters not yet on the agenda should be sent to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or in writing to the Development Management Service, Supporting Communities Directorate, Town Hall, Judd Street, London WC1H 8JE, Tel 020 7974 4444.