Skip to main content

Appealing against a planning decision

This is the improved Camden website. Find out what's new.

Appealing against a planning decision

If we have refused your planning application, talk to your case officer. You may be able to amend your plans to make them acceptable.  

If we can’t reach an agreement, you can appeal – as long as you do it within a certain time.  

You can appeal against the following: 

  • a refusal of planning permission or consent 
  • conditions attached to a planning permission 
  • a decision not being made within the deadline 
  • an enforcement notice 

If you are submitting appeals for householder or full planning decisions (s78) you can use a separate submission form.

Find out more about how to appeal: 

Planning Portal

GOV.UK Appeal a planning decision

If you are still not sure contact the planning advice and information service. They will advise you on the most appropriate amendment route to take. 

Forthcoming public inquiries