Types of comments and how to make a comment
The information below will help you understand what types of comments we can consider and how to make a comment.
We welcome your views on planning applications.
You can receive email alerts about planning applications as they happen in your local area
What types of comments can we consider?
We can only consider comments that are directly related to the actual proposals. These are known as ‘material considerations’.
For instance, we can consider comments that concern:
- the design, size and height of new buildings or extensions
- the impact of new uses of buildings or of land
- loss of light and the privacy of neighbours
- access for disabled people
- the impact of noise from plant equipment
- noise from new uses
- the impact of development on traffic parking and road safety
Issues that may be of concern to you, but which we cannot consider, include:
- disputes about civil matters, such as building freeholds or the 'right to light'
- loss of property value
- issues which are dealt with by other forms of law, such as party wall matters
We cannot refuse permission because of construction noise, but we can restrict the hours of work to reduce disturbance to residents and other sensitive neighbouring occupiers.
How do I make a comment on a planning application?
The quickest way to comment on planning applications is to submit your comments online:
- read all related documents and plans
- send us comments by clicking ‘add comments here’
If the formal consultation period has ended the "add comments here" link will not be available, but if we have not already made a final decision on the application you can still comment on an application by email. You can also add an attachment to your comment.
You can also write to: Development Management, Camden Town Hall, Judd Street, WC1H 9JE
What happens to my comments?
Your comments will be made publicly available online. This will include your name and address but we will not display your telephone number or email address.
We will take steps to ensure any other personal or sensitive information as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation is removed where appropriate, however if you have any specific concerns about the publication of any data you have submitted please contact the Planning Advice and Information Service
You can check to see if your comments have been logged.