Types of comments and how to make a comment
The information below will help you understand what types of comments we can consider and how to make a comment.
We welcome your views on planning applications.
You can receive email alerts about planning applications as they happen in your local area.
What types of comments can we consider?
We can only consider comments that are directly related to the actual proposals. These are known as ‘material considerations’.
For instance, we can consider comments that concern:
- the design, size and height of new buildings or extensions
- the impact of new uses of buildings or of land
- loss of light and the privacy of neighbours
- access for disabled people
- the impact of noise from plant equipment
- noise from new uses
- the impact of development on traffic parking and road safety.
Issues that may be of concern to you, but which we cannot consider, include:
- disputes about civil matters, such as building freeholds or the 'right to light'
- loss of property value
- issues which are dealt with by other forms of law, such as party wall matters.
We cannot refuse permission because of construction noise. However, we can restrict the hours of work to reduce disturbance to residents and other sensitive neighbours.
How do I make a comment on a planning application?
The quickest way to comment on planning applications is to submit your comments online:
- read all related documents and plans
- send us comments by using the ‘add comments here’ link.
If the formal consultation period has ended, the 'add comments here' link will not be available. However, if we have not made a final decision on the application, you can still comment by email. You can also add an attachment to your comment.
You can also write to: Development Management, Camden Town Hall, Judd Street, WC1H 9JE.
What happens to my comments?
Your comments will be made available online for the public to see. This will include your name and address but we will not display your telephone number or email address.
We will make sure any other personal or sensitive information is removed where needed. This is as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation. If you have concerns about any data you have sent being published, contact the Planning Advice and Information Service.
We will not acknowledge receipt of your comments but you can can check to see if your, and other, comments have been logged.