The Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood Forum applied to Camden and Islington Councils to be formally redesignated as a neighbourhood forum. This was in accordance with the Town and Country Planning Act (1990) and neighbourhood planning regulations. The application documents are shown below.
Camden approved the application on 8 September 2023 and Islington Council on 7 September 2023, which means the Forum has been redesignated for a further 5 years.
No changes were proposed to the designated neighbourhood area which is shown in the application for information and remains as designated in February 2016
Original Forum and Area application
The London Boroughs of Camden and Islington approved the designation of Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood Area and the Neighbourhood Forum on 4 February 2016.
A public consultation on the Area and Forum applications took place between 12 October and 20 November 2015. The approved applications can be viewed below. They show the area in which the neighbourhood planning powers apply.
- Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood Forum Application
- Mount Pleasant Area Application
- Mount Pleasant Constitution
- Mount Pleasant Area
Community Right to Build Order at Phoenix Place (South), EC1A 1BB
In November 2016, the Council received a Community Right to Build Order proposal from the Mount Pleasant Association. This was to permit the development of five linked buildings ranging from four to eight storeys (plus lower ground level). This included the following:
- 125 residential units
- approximately 1,200 sqm of commercial space
- over 900 sqm of communal open space
- new ‘pocket’ park adjacent to Christopher Hatton Primary School
A Community Right to Build Order is a type of planning permission that is prepared by community organisations. Once ‘made’, a development can be built in accordance with the Order.
January 2017, Nigel McGurk BSc (Hons) MBA MCD MRTPI was appointed to hold an independent examination of the draft Order. A public hearing was held at the London Welsh Centre on Monday 20 March 2017.
The Examiner found that the Order did not meet all the statutory requirements and therefore should not proceed to referendum.
- Cover Letter
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Appendix A: Demonstration that MPA is a Community Organisation
- Appendix B: Map of Listed Buildings
- Appendix C: Extant Scheme. Camden Committee Report
- Appendix D: Extant Scheme. GLA Report
- Appendix E: Hatton Garden Conservation Area Map
- Appendix F: London Plan Policy Matrix
- Appendix G: Camden Policy Matrix
- Appendix H: Camden EIA Screening Opinion
- Design Statement
- Sustainability and Energy Statement
- Heritage Statement
- Consultation Statement
- Viability Assessment
- Archaeology Statement
- Air Quality Statement
- Basement Impact Assessment
- Ecology Statement
- Daylight Sunlight Report
- Construction Management Plan
- Transport Statement
- Sustainable Drainage Statement
- 3D Image – Court yard from high above Gough Street
- 3D Image (x2) – Gough Street and Mount Pleasant from South West
- 3D Image – Phoenix Place and Mount Pleasant from South East
- 3D Image (x2) – Pheonix Place from South
- 3D Image – Site overview
- Floor Plans
- Block Plan
- Site Plan (existing)
- Section A-A
Some more documents associated with permission ref: 2013/3807/P are also available to view here. These are referred to as the ‘extant permission’ and are relevant to the Order.