Autumn term lessons start week beginning Monday 19th September
How much does it cost?
Charges for music lessons in schools per 10 week term:
- 20 minutes individual: £116.40
- 30 minutes individual: £174.60
- 30 minutes shared (2 children): £87.30
Help with fees
- We can pay half the cost of a lesson for any primary school child eligible for free school meals.
- If you receive Council Tax Support or Housing Benefit we may be able to pay half the cost for children in years 3, 4, 5 and 6. The money for this is generously provided by Universal Music Group for the academic year 2022 - 23.
- At secondary school you will need to speak to the head of music to ask if there is help with fees.
When we are able to offer a lesson we will confirm your eligibility with the benefit department, or ask you to provide proof.
Which instrument can my child learn?
We do not offer all of the instruments below in all schools. You can speak to the music coordinator to find out which instruments we offer at your child's school. If your child is interested in an instrument we do not currently offer at their school you can still apply and when we have enough interest we can offer lessons.
- Guitar, Electric guitar, Bass guitar
- Violin, Viola, Cello Double Bass
- Recorder, Flute, Saxophone, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon
- Trumpet, Trombone, French horn, Baritone horn, Euphonium, Tuba
- Drum kit
- Music technology
Shared or individual lessons?
- Good for beginners and younger children
- Children learn from each other and enjoy playing together
- If there is not another child to share with we will offer an individual 20 minute lesson
- Good for children who benefit from individual attention
- Easier to suit the needs of the child
- Easier to prepare for exams
We offer lessons in most schools. To apply for music lessons please complete the form below. We will put your child on the waiting and send you an offer when they can start.
Terms and conditions (PDF)