Camden Council is consulting on a draft Supplementary Planning Guidance for Holborn.
Having paused the work on the Holborn Vision due to the impact of the pandemic, we think that now is the time to focus on Holborn again.
The area has undergone significant change over the last 5 years. This includes changes in working patterns and the opening of the Elizabeth Line Stations at Tottenham Court Road and Farringdon.
The Draft Holborn Supplementary Planning document (SPD) celebrates the diversity of Holborn and by guiding development and investment, connects it together so that everyone who lives, works, and visits Holborn will benefit from all it has to offer.
Read the full Draft Holborn Supplementary Planning document.
It is the intention that the final document will be adopted as a Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) in autumn 2024.
We want to know what you think
The consultation period will run from 20 February to 1 April 2024.
We want to know what you think and there are many ways in which you can have your say:
- Go to Have Your Say Today - Holborn Vision - Commonplace – here you can find out more about the Holborn Vision, look at the document, see what events are taking place and fill in our online questionnaire.
- Come along to an event – Urban Symbiotics are running a number of in-person events where you can talk to us about what you think about the Holborn Vision and character area guidance. There will be:
- A pop-up in Leather Lane on 21 February, 12 to 6pm
- A pop-up in Great Russell Street on 23rd February, 12 to 6pm
- Holborn Community Association community workshop on 7 March 3 to 4.30pm
- A Holborn Vision and Holborn Liveable Neighbourhood projects exhibition on 13 to 16 March, 11am to 7pm (more details to come)
- Come to the exhibition in Holborn Library 32-38 Theobalds Rd, WC1X 8PA from 20 February to 1 April Monday to Fridays, 10am to 7pm Saturdays, 11am to 5pm. There will also be a paper copy of the Holborn Vision and questionnaires available here too.
- Officers will be available to talk to you at Holborn Library on 27 February 2 to 6pm and Thursday 7 March 10am to 2 pm
- Write to us at Holborn.email@example.com
We commissioned LDA Design to produce a public realm strategy to inform the Holborn Vision.
You can also find out more about The Holborn Liveable Neighbourhood
If you would like any more information you can:
Previous consultation and engagement
A public consultation on the draft Vision and Urban Strategy was held 22 May to 3 July 2019.
You will find a summary of the responses and consultation material below:
- Public engagement feedback summary May - July 2019 (PDF)
- Exhibition boards (providing a summary of the draft Holborn Vision and Urban Strategy document) (PDF)
- Draft Holborn Vision and Urban Strategy Document (PDF)
What happens next?
We will be consulting on the draft Holborn Vision in February/March 2024. Following a review and analysis of the engagement responses we will produce a consultation summary in the summer.
We will develop the final draft of the Holborn Vision with a view to adoption as a Supplementary Planning Document in autumn 2024.
Have a question or want to join our mailing list?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org