If you need extra financial support as a result of COVID-19, please read all of the advice on our ‘Financial support for residents’ page to find out what support you’re eligible for and how to apply for it.

Self-isolating and the sick pay you are entitled to

If you are self-isolating with or without symptoms Statutory Sick Pay will be available to you from your first day off.

If you don’t receive Statutory Sick Pay – for example, if you’re self-employed – there’s a range of support available to you including Universal Credit and Employment Support Allowance.

You can find the latest guidance for employees on the gov.uk website.

If you are worried about your ability to pay tax

If you are worried about being able to pay tax as a result of Coronavirus, call HMRC’s dedicated helpline on 0800 0159 559.

If you are on a zero-hours contract and worried about finances

If you’re on a zero-hours contract, you’ll be able to access Universal Credit and the new Employment Support Allowance.

Financial support for the self-employed

The Government has announced a new package of financial support to help the self-employed through the current health emergency. 

  • If you are self-employed then you will be able to apply for a grant worth 80% of your average monthly profits over the last three years, up to £2,500 a month.
  • Initially, this will be made available for three months in one lump-sum payment that will start to be paid from the beginning of June.
  • The scheme is open to those with a trading profit of less than £50,000 in 2018-19, or an average trading profit of less than £50,000 from 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19.

If you are eligible for a grant HMRC will contact you with more information. You can read more about the scheme at gov.uk

If you are not eligible for a grant and require extra financial assistance such as Universal Credit or access to our Council Tax Reduction Scheme, please visit financial support for residents.

If you have been made redundant as a result of coronavirus

If you have recently lost your job as a result of coronavirus, please read all of the advice on this page to check you are receiving all of the benefits you're entitled to, and to find out how to apply for them. If you've been offered more than one redundancy package and you need advice, you can call Citizens Advice Camden on 0300 330 1157. If you are struggling in any way though, we are here to help. You can speak to us by calling 020 7974 4444 (option 9).