West Kentish Town Estate was built in 1964 and consists of 316 homes in 3 and 4 storey blocks. Council officers have been finding out from residents what they like and dislike about their homes and estate. This is so that the Council can decide how to make the estate a better place to live.
West Kentish Town Estate Renewal Steering Group
In December 2017 the West Kentish Town Estate Renewal Steering Group was set up. This is one of the ways Camden is learning from residents about the possible renewal and redevelopment of their estate.
- 23 June 2020 Notes; Presentations: I.T. Survey; Online sessions
- 22 July 2020 Notes; Presentations: Next Steps: Masterplanning Presentation; Timeline of Stages
- 9 September 2020 Notes; Presentations: Community Involvement and Engagement Strategy
Residents and Leaseholder Meetings
We have been holding online meetings with residents and leaseholders throughout 2020 to update on our progress since the ballot in March.
- Leaseholders meeting 16 September 2020: Next Steps presentation
- Leaseholders meeting 7 December 2020: Ardent presentation; Procurement programme Dec' 2020
Selection of Architects
In June 2018 residents visited housing schemes designed by architects shortlisted by the Council. Three representatives from the Steering Group were trained and sat on the interview panel which selected PRP architects. The architects then ran a series of workshops with residents to develop options for their estate. You can view the exhibition boards below. Residents also wrote their own brief for what they want out of any scheme.
- July 2018 exhibition boards
- September 2018 exhibition boards
- March 2019 exhibition boards
- May 2019 exhibition boards
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- April 2019
- August 2019
- December 2019
- June 2020
- Summer 2020