Are you worried about a child?
Children and Families Contact Service
The Children and Families Contact Service is a multi-agency team that incorporates the Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) team and the First Stop Early Help team. The Contact service is responsible for:
• processing all referrals and requests for children’s social care services
• making decisions on the most suitable response based on the child’s needs and the level of risk
• passing on referrals to the most appropriate service.
If you are worried a child or young person is at risk of, or has suffered significant harm, please contact the Children and Families Contact service. In cases of an emergency and immediate response, always contact the police on 999.
Phone: 020 7974 3317
Out of office hours (after 5pm, weekends and bank holidays): 020 7974 4444
Find out more
Threshold criteria (PDF)
CAF referrals by professionals
The common assessment framework (CAF) is a standard approach for professionals to:
• assess children and their families
• enable any additional needs they may have to be identified early
• help services respond in a more co-ordinated
When a professional is concerned about a child or young person’s progress and identifies additional needs that cannot be met by universal services, they should complete a CAF referral form here and email it to MASH.
- Watch: video on how to make an eCAF referral via Mosaic (3 minutes long)
Camden Safeguarding Children Partnership
Camden Safeguarding Children’s Partnership (CSCP) is responsible for ensuring agencies work together effectively to safeguard the welfare of Camden children. Three statutory safeguarding partners lead the CSCP; Camden Council, Camden Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and North Central Borough Command Unit (BCU) of the London Metropolitan Police.