Name and contact details of the Data Controller
London Borough of Camden, Judd Street, London, WC1H 9JE
Phone: 020 7974 4444
Name and contact details of the Data Protection Officer
Andrew Maughan, Borough Solicitor
The purpose of the processing
1. To allow residents to join in consultation about the redevelopment of the Agar Grove estate. This includes the estate’s tenants and leaseholders, and local residents. At different stages of the scheme residents are asked to choose between options, or give views, including on development proposals, scheme design, naming of new streets and blocks, and public art proposals. Names and addresses are collected to identify who responds to consultations and, where appropriate, to ensure only one response is counted from any one household. Contact phone numbers and email addresses are collected to allow contact with residents about consultations and the redevelopment scheme generally.
2. To allow the estate’s tenants to be rehoused into new homes on the estate or elsewhere in the borough.
The legal basis for processing
We will process your personal data with your consent Under Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will only process your Special Categories Data if you give explicit consent under Article 9(2)(a) of GDPR.
The categories of personal data that we will process are:
Details of household members including name, date of birth, address, contact phone numbers and email address.
The special categories of data we will process are:
Sex, information about health / disability.
The categories of people that the Council has or will disclose the data to:
- Staff in the Development team.
- Staff in the Placements team. Personal data received while we collect tenants’ preferred rehousing options is shared with the Placements team to allow tenants to be given a new home on the estate or housing off the estate.
Contact details for Camden Council tenants and leaseholders are added to the Council’s database, Northgate, which is used by housing services including housing management, repairs, placements and leaseholder services.
We also carry out general data matching or data sharing in certain areas. This is to prevent or detect crime. Find out more on our Data Protection and privacy web page.
The Council does not intend to disclose the data to any other third parties. However, the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) gives the public the right to access recorded information held by public sector organisations. When dealing with requests under this act, the Council has the right to refuse to provide sensitive material and/or to redact (remove or make unreadable) any personal information so that individuals cannot be identified.
We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU/EEA.
The criteria used to decide how long we keep the data
- Contact details will be kept on Northgate until you tell us they have changed.
- Feedback and preferences forms will be kept for up to seven years.
Your data subject rights
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the information we hold about you
- ask us to correct, erase or restrict processing of your data
- ask for data portability
- object to automated decision making
- if we are relying on consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
There are some exemptions to these rights. Find out more on our 'Your rights' web page and the ICO website for more information.
To exercise these rights please use our web form.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy with how the Council has handled your personal data. It would be helpful if you would contact us first at email@example.com to see if we can resolve the problem. You can contact the ICO at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0303 123 1113, or post to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
- You don't have to give us personal data by law or contract.
- We are not using automated decision making or profiling to process your personal data.