The Plan has now passed Examination and to meet the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 a referendum will be held on 6th February 2020, where all eligible voters will be asked :
"Do you want the London Borough of Camden to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Dartmouth Park Neighbourhood Area to help decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
Details of where and how to vote can be found on the Council elections page.
Further details about the referendum and the relevant documents are below:
- Information Statement - which sets out general information as to town and country planning ( including neighbourhood planning) and the referendum
- Referendum version of Dartmouth Park Neighbourhood plan
- Examiner’s Report (PDF)
- Summary of representations submitted to the independent examination
- A statement setting out that the Council believe that the Dartmouth park Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions (included within the document know as the Decision Statement)
Copies of these documents are available to view at the following libraries :
- 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG (Opening hours: Mon – Sat 8am- 8pm, Sun 11am -5pm) ,
- Highgate Library, Chester Road, N19 5DH; Opening hours: Tue to Wed 10am to 5pm, Thurs 10am to 7pm, Sat 10am to 4pm and
- Kentish Town Library, 262-266 Kentish Town Road, NW5 2AA (Opening Hours: Mon - Thu 10am – 7pm, Fri 10am – 5pm, Sat 11 – 5pm)
What happens next?
Once the referendum result is published, the Council will :
- proceed to adopt the Neighbourhood Plan if a majority of people are in favour of using the Plan, or
- If a majority of people do not support using the Plan, no further action is required.
Camden with support from the Dartmouth Park Neighbourhood Forum, appointed Mr David Hogger BA MSc MRTPI MCIHT to hold an independent examination on the Neighbourhood Plan. The examination took place between May and July 2019. The Examiners report was received on 19 July 2019.
The Examiner’s report considered the representations made during the ‘Submission Draft’ consultation and whether the Plan meets the ‘Basic Conditions’. Subject to the policy modifications being made, the Examiner was satisfied that the Plan should proceed to a referendum.
- Examiner’s Report (PDF)
The Council considered the Examiners report and decided on the 27 September to accept the Examiners recommendations and publish the Decision Statement and proceed to referendum.
- Decision Statement
- Single Member Decision on Decision Statement
The following documents related to the Examination, including material provided by the Forum for the Examiner to consider:
- Letter to Forum and Council on procedural matters and questions 21 May 2019 (PDF)
- Dartmouth Park Forum response to examiners questions 11 June 2019
Dartmouth Park Neighbourhood Forum submitted its proposed Neighbourhood Plan to Camden Council in January 2019.
- Draft Dartmouth Park Neighbourhood Plan
- Statement of Basic Conditions
- Consultation Statement
- Consultation Statement - Appendices 1-9
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) – screening opinion
- HRA screening
The eight week public consultation ended 3 May 2019. The responses can be found here:
Neighbourhood Forum and Area applications
Dartmouth Park Neighbourhood Area and Forum were approved by the Council on 7 October 2013. A public consultation on the Forum and Area applications took place between 13 June to 26 July 2013.
The 2013 approved applications can be viewed below. They show the area in which the neighbourhood planning powers apply.
- Neighbourhood Forum Application
- Neighbourhood Area Application
- Neighbourhood Area Map
- Neighbourhood Forum Constitution
The Dartmouth Park Neighbourhood Forum was re-designated as a neighbourhood forum, in accordance with the Town and Country Planning Act (1990) and neighbourhood planning regulations, on 17 December 2018.
The 2018 re-designation documents can be viewed below:
Further information about the re-designation decision can be found on the Council's democracy website.