The Council decided on 27th September 2019 to accept all of the Examiner's recommended modifications to the Plan. The Plan will now proceed to a referendum. This is expected to be in December.
- Decision Statement
- Single Member Decision on Decision Statement
- Referendum Version of Dartmouth Park Neighbourhood Plan with tracked changes
Copies of these documents are available to view at the following libraries
- 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG (Opening hours: Mon – Sat 8am- 8pm, Sun 11am -5pm) ,
- Highgate Library, Chester Road, N19 5DH; Opening hours: Tue to Wed 10am to 5pm, Thurs 10am to 7pm, Sat 10am to 4pm and
- Kentish Town Library, 262-266 Kentish Town Road, NW5 2AA (Opening Hours: Mon - Thu 10am – 7pm, Fri 10am – 5pm, Sat 11 – 5pm)
Camden with support from the Dartmouth Park Neighbourhood Forum, appointed Mr David Hogger BA MSc MRTPI MCIHT to hold an independent examination on the Neighbourhood Plan. The examination is complete and the Examiners report was received on 19 July 2019.
The Examiner’s report considered the representations made during the ‘Submission Draft’ consultation and whether the Plan meets the ‘Basic Conditions’. Subject to the policy modifications being made, the Examiner was satisfied that the Plan should proceed to a referendum.
Examiner’s Report (PDF)
The following documents relate to the Examination, including material provided by the Forum for the Examiner to consider:
- Letter to Forum and Council on procedural matters and questions 21 May 2019 (PDF)
- Dartmouth Park Forum response to examiners questions 11 June 2019
Dartmouth Park Neighbourhood Forum submitted its proposed Neighbourhood Plan to Camden Council in January 2019.
- Draft Dartmouth Park Neighbourhood Plan
- Statement of Basic Conditions
- Consultation Statement
- Consultation Statement - Appendices 1-9
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) – screening opinion
- HRA screening
The eight week public consultation ended 3 May 2019. The responses can be found here:
What happens next?
The Council will consider the Examiners recommendations and will issue a Decision Statement and whether to proceed to referendum later this year. If approved a referendum will be organised to give the community the final say on whether the draft Plan is to be used in determining planning applications in the designated neighbourhood area.
Neighbourhood Forum and Area applications
Dartmouth Park Neighbourhood Area and Forum were approved by the Council on 7 October 2013. A public consultation on the Forum and Area applications took place between 13 June to 26 July 2013.
The 2013 approved applications can be viewed below. They show the area in which the neighbourhood planning powers apply.
- Neighbourhood Forum Application
- Neighbourhood Area Application
- Neighbourhood Area Map
- Neighbourhood Forum Constitution
The Dartmouth Park Neighbourhood Forum was re-designated as a neighbourhood forum, in accordance with the Town and Country Planning Act (1990) and neighbourhood planning regulations, on 17 December 2018.
The 2018 re-designation documents can be viewed below:
Further information about the re-designation decision can be found on the Council's democracy website.