Camden is full of generous people and we’re extremely grateful for everyone that has volunteered their time. We’re really proud of the generosity shown in these difficult times and are amazed by the spirit and compassion of our community.
Every voluntary act has made a real difference to people’s lives and we’d like to say a massive thank you to everyone that has played a part. From food preparation and delivery to pharmacy collections and leafleting, volunteers have shown countless acts of compassion to help each other.
We are delighted that over 2,000 people volunteered via Time to Spare. This is on top of those who have volunteered through other routes such as NHS GoodSAM and local organisations.
We are working hard to signpost and match interest to where you can make the most difference. In the meantime please find more information on volunteering in your community below:
Voluntary Action Camden have created an online directory of voluntary and community groups. You can use this directory to find and connect with services and activities run by community groups across the borough.
Camden Mutual Aid Groups
Camden’s Mutual Aid Groups have been providing essential local support in communities across the borough. To find out more including your local group and how to get involved, visit their Facebook page:
Other useful links ·
- Volunteer Centre Camden
- Voluntary Action Camden
- Camden Coronavirus Mutual Aid Group
- Volunteer Centre Camden's Good Neighbour Guide
- Volunteer Protocol
- Share Doctors of the World Coronavirus information in different languages
Volunteers, as well as VCS staff are considered vital to support the running of essential services. Provided VCS organisations and volunteers are engaged in delivering essential services, including collecting/ delivering shopping and medication, the recent government restrictions do not apply to these activities.
To keep everyone safe, the advice and guidance for volunteers to prevent the spread of infection still applies - this includes avoiding face to face contact and frequent thorough hand washing. Find out more in the Volunteer Protocol.
To support all the people who volunteer in Camden, we have developed a short video series with additional guidance to help keep you and our community safe.
The series includes:
How we’re helping voluntary Camden is very proud of the efforts of its residents in these unprecedented times and we are amazed by your generosity and desire to help each other. To support you in your efforts, Camden Council can provide the following:
How we’re helping the voluntary and community sector
Camden is very proud of the efforts of its residents in these unprecedented times. We’ve already invested £1 million to help local groups in Camden. We’re also providing the following:
Sharing information about mutual aid groups with local residents via our various communications channels.
- Our Public Health teams are happy to evaluate materials and offer advice on health and safety.
- We are liaising with other public bodies to ensure that they are aware of resident initiatives that are supporting community action;
- We are offering mutual aid groups free access to the council’s own online safeguarding training but also training on personal safety, resilient families and managing uncertainty. For more information please email: email@example.com.
- Read the advice for Covid-19 Mutual Aid Groups in Camden
- For more information on safeguarding read safeguarding adults for those self-isolating and safeguarding adults advice for mutual aid groups. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org