About Shared Lives Camden
Shared Lives Camden is a service where adults with care needs live in the homes of people who support them. This includes short stays and more long term arrangements. By sharing your home and family life, you’ll support someone to lead an independent, healthy life as part of our community.
Who can become a Shared Lives carer?
Anyone over 18 can become a Shared Lives carer. You don’t need formal qualifications or experience. You do need a spare room and a willingness to share your home. You also need to be kind, patient and understanding to become a carer.
What you’ll be doing
The support you’ll give will depend on the needs of the person, but could include:
- Supporting with hobbies and activities, a job or volunteering
- Helping to get to appointments and managing medication
- Getting involved with your local community.
What you'll receive
- Generous weekly fees and allowances as a self-employed carer
- Training and ongoing support from the Shared Lives Camden team
- Regular respite from caring role
- The opportunity to join a community of Shared Lives carers in Camden and the national Shared Lives Plus network of over 10,000 carers.