Birkbeck, University of London, located in Bloomsbury, is offering two scholarship places to Camden residents for any of their undergraduate level courses starting in October 2020.
Birkbeck is different: their classes are held in the evening, so your days are free - to study, work, volunteer or just do your own thing. To find out more about the university, courses and events, please visit their website at www.bbk.ac.uk.
Two full scholarships are available for the following undergraduate courses at Birkbeck starting in 2020/21:
• Certificate of Higher Education (1-2 years, part-time)
• Foundation degree (2 years full-time, 3 years, part-time)
• Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, LLB) (3 years full-time; 4 years part-time)
• Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, LLB) with a foundation year (4 years, full-time)
To be eligible for consideration for the Camden scholarship, you must meet all three of the initial criteria (with evidence supplied) and two or more of the secondary criteria below:
• You must be a Camden resident;
• Your annual household income must be below £25,000 (each successful applicant will need to complete a means testing form and supply supporting evidence);
• You must meet the criteria for a tuition fee loan as outlined here. If awarded the scholarship, you would not need to apply for a loan to pay for your course at Birkbeck, but may still take out a maintenance loan to pay for living costs. For any queries about eligibility for student loans contact Birkbeck’s Student Advice Service or come along to a Money at University event.
• be the first in your family to attend university;
• be from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic background;
• be over 21 years old;
• be classified as disabled;
• be a Care leaver;
• hold non-traditional university-entry qualifications (i.e. Access to HE Diploma; Intermediate, Advanced or BTEC Apprenticeship, BTEC First, BTEC National or equivalent)
• have limited or poor prior education attainment (for example, left school with no qualifications, low grades at GCSE and/or have a disability for which you did not receive support whilst in education which had an impact on your achievement);
• have no qualifications higher than Level 2 (i.e. O Levels, GCSE or equivalent)
• have been out of formal education for nine years or more.
Please see the FAQ document for further information.
To apply for the scholarship, please complete:
• Camden Scholarships Application Form (Word).
• The eligibility questionnaire.
Send to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 28th June 2020.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by Friday 17th July 2020 at the latest.
All applicants will need to apply to the course they intend to study at Birkbeck, University of London through UCAS concurrent to the scholarship application process
Help with university applications
Birkbeck runs a series of free workshops to help prospective applicants to prepare for study at university, details of which can be found here: www.bbk.ac.uk/events/outreach