Hult International Business School
The renowned Hult International Business School, based in Bloomsbury, is offering the following opportunities:
- a fully-funded one-year intensive postgraduate Master of International Business degree – including practical experience with a social enterprise or small and medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- a fully-funded three-year Bachelor of Business Administration degree worth £90,000 – part and full-time options available
Who can apply?
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): Candidates aged 18+ who have achieved at least three A levels at CCC grades or BTEC Level 3 at diploma/certificate level with a minimum grade of DM
- Master of International Business (MIB) – graduates with any undergraduate degree
- the scholarships are open to Camden residents only
- priority will be given to residents facing financial hardship.
For more information please visit their website at www.hult.edu.
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck, University of London, a public research university located in Bloomsbury, is offering two scholarships places to Camden residents in 2019 for any of their undergraduate level courses.
Birkbeck is different: their classes are held in the evening, so your days are free - to study, work, volunteer or just do your own thing. To find out more about the university, courses and events, please visit their website at www.bbk.ac.uk.
You must be applying to study, full-time or part-time, for the first term or year on any of these undergraduate courses at Birkbeck:
- certificate of higher education
- certificate of higher education in higher education introductory studies
- foundation degree
- undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, LLB)
- undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, LLB) with a foundation year
Bursaries will be awarded to students who meet both of the initial criteria, two or more of the secondary criteria and who submit a strong application essay.
- your annual household income must be below £25,000 (evidenced via Student Finance England or a Birkbeck Cash Bursary cover sheet)
- you must be eligible to receive a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England and have consented/ will consent to the sharing of data submitted to the Student Loans Company (Exception: if you already have an undergraduate degree and you are interested in studying an Exempt or Equivalent level qualification (ELQ) at Birkbeck, you are still eligible to receive a tuition fee loan).
You must meet at least two of the following:
- be the first in your family to attend university
- be Black, Asian or minority ethnic
- be over 21 year old
- be classified as disabled
- be a Care leaver
- hold non-traditional university-entry qualifications (ie Access to HE Diploma; Intermediate, Advanced or BTEC Apprenticeship, BTEC Firsts, BTEC National or equivalents)
- have limited or poor prior education attainment (details need to be given on application)
- have no qualifications higher than Level 2 (ie CSEs, GCSE or equivalent)
- have been absent from formal education for nine years or more.
In addition to the Camden Scholarships form. Birkbeck applicants are also required to complete a questionnaire (PDF) as part of their application. Please complete this and attach it with your application form.
Help with University application:
Birkbeck understand that for many mature learners, coming back into education can be daunting, therefore, they offer a number of FREE events and workshops to support your transition into Higher Education. To see upcoming events and programmes, check out their EventBrite Page.
If you are living at home, your parents’ entitlement to housing benefit will not be affected.
If you are claiming housing benefit, your entitlement may be affected.
Find out more: housing and council tax reduction.
How do I apply?
Please complete the application form: Camden Scholarships Application Form (Word).
When submitting your application form, please also attach the following:
- personal statement explaining why you would benefit from this opportunity (two pages maximum)
- two personal references (work or academic) in the form of written statements from each referee detailing your suitability for the course
Hult International Business School:
Please note that the deadline for submitting an application for 2019 has now passed.
Birkbeck, University of London
The final deadline for all application is on Friday 26th July at 23:59
Bursary applicants will be selected and all applicants will be informed of the outcome on the week commencing 12th August 2019.
Please email your application form and the attached documents to email@example.com.
All scholarships will start in September 2019.