Consultation - draft enforcement plan 2020
Members of our community play an important role in helping us identify and report suspected breaches of planning regulations in the borough. The information below is intended to help you:
- find out whether the required planning permission has already been obtained for a development
- if it hasn't, how to report this to us.
How can I find out whether the required planning permission has already been obtained for a development?
Before reporting a suspected breach of planning regulations to us, please use our online planning application search tool
This is to find out whether approval for the development has already been given.
How do I report a suspected breach of planning regulations?
If you believe that a development does not have the necessary approvals, you can:
When making a report, it is a particularly helpful if you can provide as much information as possible (without putting yourself at risk). This should be both about what is currently happening and what has happened in the past. Where possible, try to include all of the following:
- dates of when activities or building work started
- your contact details - we can't (and won't) investigate anonymous complaints
- names and contact details of the owners or other people involved such as contractors, builders (if known)