Skip to main content

I want to report a breach of planning regulations

This is the improved Camden website. Tell us what you think.

I want to report a breach of planning regulations

What is a breach?

Carrying out development without planning permission, such as:

  • building an extension,
  • changing the use of a building,
  • doing works to a listed building,
  • demolition,
  • works to protected trees,
  • breaching conditions.

Before you report a breach to us, first check if there is planning permission.

For more details see our Enforcement Plan (pdf)

How do I report a breach?

You must provide the following information:

  • your name, address and contact details. These will remain confidential. We do not investigate anonymous complaints;
  • a photo(s) of the works;
  • the address where the breach is taking place; and
  • what the breach is and when it started.

Report a suspected breach of planning regulations

You can also report a breach to [email protected]

We will email you within 5 working days to confirm your report has been logged.