We adopted revised local area requirements in July 2018 and are currently in the process of updating this guidance page.
Please check the list of Local Area Requirements July 2018 for the most up to date information before submitting your application.
Where your proposed development may increase the demand for a public open space, a public open space plan will need to accompany your planning application.
The information below provides further details about when a public open space plan is required, what information this document should include, how to submit it to us and where further information can be found.
When is a public open space plan required?
A public open space plan should accompany applications for developments that are likely to result in the increased demand for public open space. These include:
- developments where the proposed site has an existing public open space(s)
- developments proposing 1000m2 of floor space and five or more houses or flats
What information should be included in a public open space plan?
A public open space plan should include the following information:
- an evaluation of the impact that the proposed development will have on any existing public open spaces (both on the proposed and adjoining sites)
- details of how existing and new public open spaces will be incorporated into the proposed development (both on the proposed and adjoining sites
- all proposals should be accompanied with plans clearly showing all existing and proposed public open spaces
- details about how our open space strategy has been considered
How do I submit a public open space plan?
If you apply for planning permission online using the Planning Portal, you will be given the opportunity to upload your public open space plan after you have completed the relevant application forms. Before uploading any files, please read our guidance notes for submitting electronic files with planning applications.
If you choose to submit a paper-based application instead, you will need to provide four copies of your public open space plan along with four copies of the relevant application forms.
Where can I find out further information?
For further information on preparing and submitting a public open space plan, please see the following link below: