Camden Council offer a pre-application advice service to support applicants who are considering making an application for a licence. This service is currently available to those making an application under the following licensing regimes:
- Licensing Act 2003
- Gambling Act 2005
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982
- London Local Authorities Act 1991
- Animal Welfare Regulations 2018
The pre-application advice is designed to support applicants in understanding:
- that the right type of licence is being applied for
- the application form has been completed correctly
- what policies may be applied to an application and why
- the needs of the local area where the proposed premises is situated
- any specific measures that may need to be considered when submitting an application
- if specialist input may be required, for example an acoustician, a security specialist
Categories of advice
Please consider each category to determine which option will be most suitable for your application.
Application and supporting documentation considered by relevant officer and telephone discussion with applicant.
Application and supporting documentation considered by relevant officer, telephone discussion and site visit.
Large scale premises and development areas. Application and supporting documentation considered by relevant officer, discussions with applicant and two site visits.
All applicants will receive a written report setting out the advice of the officer and detailing their recommendations.