Kentish Town Planning Framework
The Kentish Town Planning Framework was adopted on the 17th July 2020.
The framework sets out a vision and key objectives for this area of the borough as an innovative and sustainable mixed-use new neighbourhood with industrial, commercial and creative activity, harmoniously provided alongside high quality homes that support a diverse local community.
The framework is a Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) designed to support the Local Plan objectives and guide future development proposals in the area. The framework is an important consideration when assessing planning applications.
What happens next?
The Local Plan and the Planning Framework require a comprehensive and co-ordinated approach to development in the framework area.
With the planning framework now in place we are working with the Greater London Authority (GLA) to explore the delivery options to support a comprehensive approach. Over the next few months we plan to engage with landowners to explore how this can be achieved and develop the delivery strategy.
As set out in the planning framework, for the comprehensive development to happen in this area, it is expected to come forward on the basis of two planning applications, one covering the Murphy site and one for the Regis Road Growth Area (or a single application covering both). Plot-by-plot or piecemeal redevelopment proposals will not be acceptable.
Until comprehensive redevelopment comes forward, we want this area to remain a functioning industrial area, which provides jobs and contributes to our economy. Any business or landowner considering short-term maintenance works that would require planning permission or the longer-term future of their site should be aware of the requirements of the planning guidance and get in touch with the Council before advancing proposals.
Planning framework supporting documents
- You Said We Did, June 2020 (PDF)
- Equalities Impact Assessment (EquIA) (PDF)
- Strategic Environment Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA)
- Screening (PDF)
- Adoption Statement, July 2020 (PDF)
Previous consultation and engagement
December 2019 to January 2020
October to December 2018
- Kentish Town draft planning framework October 2018 (PDF)
- Kentish Town planning framework exhibition boards (providing a summary of the framework) (PDF)
- Public consultation feedback summary March 2019 (PDF)
- Easy Read summary (PDF)
February to March 2018
- Public engagement feedback summary June 2018 (PDF)
- Neighbourhood forum workshop notes March 2018 (PDF)
- Exhibition boards February 2018(PDF)
- Interim development statement February 2018(PDF)
- Site analysis February 2018 (PDF)
- Kentish Town Access Study Velocity, 2019
- Kentish Town Infrastructure Study, 2019
- Future Transport Context Report, TfL, June 2019
Have a question or want to get in touch?
If you have any queries please email us at Kentish.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7974 4703.
If you or someone you know needs help understanding this information including language or any other special requirements please let us know.