Joining the library
Anyone can join Camden libraries. It's free to join and to borrow books. To get started just fill in the online joining form through the link below.
When you have completed the form, the system will give you a temporary membership ID.
To borrow e-books, e-audio and e-magazines from our Digital library or to use our library computers or borrow books, you need to bring all of the following:
- temporary membership number which starts with CAM
- photo ID and proof of your address, or bring two proofs of address if you don't have photo ID
You can show digital versions of your proof of address as long as you have photo ID.
View the privacy notice about your library membership.
Proof of address and photo ID
We accept these as proof of address:
- Medical card
- A recent utility bill such as your gas, electric, water, telephone or council tax bill
- A recent bank statement
- Rent or tenancy agreement
We accept these as photo ID:
- Driving licence
- Security pass or work ID (with photo)
- Oyster or Freedom pass (with photo and name)
You can borrow up to:
- 30 books for 3 weeks (adults, young people and children)
- 8 audio books for 3 weeks
- 1 language course for 3 weeks (adults and young people)
- people over 60
- people with disabilities
- full time students
- people in receipt of earning related benefits
- audio books are free to concessionary groups
Children and young people under 18 are exempt from fines on books and reservation charges.