Free online reading and reference information
There is a wide variety of free online reading available if you have a Camden library membership.
If you don't have a library membership, you can join today:
When you complete the joining form you will receive a temporary membership ID, starting with the prefix CAM.
During the current public health crisis, you don't need to confirm your membership at a library. You can use that temporary ID, plus the PIN number which you have created, to login straight away to these on-line services:
e-Books, e-Audio, e-Newspapers and e-Magazines
- NEW BorrowBox - borrow, download and enjoy the latest e-audiobooks with the BorrowBox library app
- Libby (Overdrive) - e-books, e-audiobooks, magazines and comics
- PressReader - a huge range of UK and international newspapers and magazines
Mobile apps are available. Registration may be required.
Online reference databases
Camden Library Services subscribes to a number of online reference resources not otherwise available on the free web. You can access these with your Camden libraries membership number.
Access our: Online reference resources
These include Ancestry, Oxford dictionaries and reference, Who's Who, newspaper archives and more.
- NEW - IMPROVED AND EXPANDED Newsbank - search current and archived UK newspapers, with full-colour page reproductions (recent editions), full-text articles and content only published online. Also available remotely 24/7 on any device.
- NEW The London Times Collection (via Newsbank) - full text of The Times, The Sunday Times and content only published online from 1985 onwards. Full-colour page reproductions from 2020 onwards.