Skip to main content

Home contents insurance for council tenants

This is the improved Camden website. Find out what's new.

Home contents insurance for council tenants

Why get home content insurance?

We do not cover your home contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

Choosing a policy

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, The London Borough if Camden Council have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas Insurance Limited who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies.

Thistle Tenant Risks is a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. 
Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

This pay as you go home contents insurance scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments. 

To apply please contact the Rent Support team for an application form. If you are a resident who has opted into the scheme and are looking to make a claim, please contact the insurer Ageas directly on: 0345 165 5768

Further information about home contents insurance