If you’re worried about debt that you can’t afford to repay, don’t suffer in silence. Contact us or another organisation for free advice and support. The sooner you reach out, the sooner we can help you.

Increase your income

Use our Better Off Calculator to check you’re receiving all the benefits you’re entitled to, and for budgeting tips.

Find out if you're eligible for funds, grants or loans.

Speak to the organisation you owe money to

Council Tax

For Council Tax arrears call 020 7974 6414

Council rent

If you can't pay your rent contact our rent service.

Energy bills

Energy suppliers might be able to let you pay in smaller amounts or take a break from payments. You might also be able to apply for a grant to pay off energy debts

Ask your energy supplier for temporary credit if you cannot top-up a pre-payment meter 

Loan sharks

A loan shark is an illegal money lender. If you need to take out a loan, do not approach a loan shark or take out a payday loan. Consider credit unions or other ethical loan providers. Find out more at credit-union.coop, call 020 7561 1786 or email info@credit-union.coop.

If you owe a loan shark money, or if you’re being threatened, get confidential help from Stop Loan Sharks.

If you don’t know where to turn, call us on 020 7974 4444 (option 9) or contact Citizens Advice Camden

Mental health

Talk to your GP if you're feeling anxious or stressed. You can also access confidential services to support your mental health.