Fees and charges on building control
The fees and charges for the cost of works and residential works are listed below. These are as the Local Government Association recommends.
- Building Control charge per hour is £174.40 based on 2023 fees and charges
- Schedule 3 - estimated cost of works (PDF)
- Schedule 2 - estimated cost for residential works only (PDF)
Regularisation charges are 130 per cent of the charges in Schedule 2 and 3.
Request a quote
Contact us to request a quote for cost of work higher than £500,999.
How to make a payment
Charges for Building Control applications, top up payments and searches can be paid:
- during your online application
- separately with a Building Control reference number
For Building Notices, Full Plans/Deposit of Plans, Regularisations, Demolitions, Section 30 applications, please choose the relevant link. For payments to searches to Building Control, please choose Miscellaneous without VAT.
To make your payment:
- Choose Building Control from the list of payment types
- Then choose the type of application you are paying for
- Next, enter your 'Application number' (for example '23/0/01000')
For the Account Name, enter 'BCV' if the application you are paying for is a: Regularisation, Demolition, Section 30 application, or payments to searches to Building Control. If the application you are paying for is a Building Notice, Full Plans/Deposit of Plans, enter 'BC'