What is a breach?
Carrying out development without planning permission, such as:
- building an extension,
- changing the use of a building,
- doing works to a listed building,
- works to protected trees,
- breaching conditions.
Before you report a breach to us, first check if there is planning permission.
For more details see our Enforcement Plan (pdf)
How do I report a breach?
You must provide the following information:
- your name, address and contact details. These will remain confidential. We do not investigate anonymous complaints;
- a photo(s) of the works;
- the address where the breach is taking place; and
- what the breach is and when it started.
You can also report a breach to email@example.com
We will email you within 5 working days to confirm your report has been logged.