Kentish Town Planning Framework
The Kentish Town Planning Framework was adopted on the 17th July 2020.
The framework sets out a vision and key aims for this area of the borough. We see it as an innovative and sustainable mixed-use new neighbourhood. It will have industrial, commercial and creative activity, provided alongside high quality homes that support a diverse local community.
It is a Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) designed to support the Local Plan aims. It will also guide future development proposals in the area. We consider the framework when we assess planning applications.
What happens next?
The Local Plan and the Planning Framework call for a comprehensive and co-ordinated approach to development in the framework area.
With the planning framework now in place, we are working with the Greater London Authority (GLA) to develop the area. Over the next few months we plan to discuss with landowners how this can be achieved.
As set out in the planning framework, we expect there to be two planning applications. One will cover the Murphy site, the other the Regis Road Growth Area. There could though be a single application covering both. Plot-by-plot or piecemeal redevelopment proposals will not be acceptable.
Until a full redevelopment is outlined, we want this area to stay as a working industrial area. It provides jobs and helps our economy. Any business or landowner thinking of short-term maintenance works that would require planning permission should contact us first. You should also contact us with your concerns about the longer-term future of your site.
Planning framework supporting documents
- You Said We Did, June 2020 (PDF)
- Equalities Impact Assessment (EquIA) (PDF)
- Strategic Environment Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA)
- Screening (PDF)
- Adoption Statement, July 2020 (PDF)
Previous consultation and engagement
December 2019 to January 2020
- Final draft Kentish Town Planning Framework November 2019
- Public consultation feedback summary June 2020 (PDF)
October to December 2018
- Kentish Town draft planning framework October 2018 (PDF)
- Kentish Town planning framework exhibition boards (providing a summary of the framework) (PDF)
- Public consultation feedback summary March 2019 (PDF)
- Easy Read summary (PDF)
February to March 2018
- Public engagement feedback summary June 2018 (PDF)
- Neighbourhood forum workshop notes March 2018 (PDF)
- Exhibition boards February 2018(PDF)
- Interim development statement February 2018(PDF)
- Site analysis February 2018 (PDF)
- Kentish Town Access Study Velocity, 2019
- Kentish Town Infrastructure Study, 2019
- Future Transport Context Report, TfL, June 2019
Have a question or want to get in touch?
If you have any queries, please email us at Kentish.email@example.com or phone 020 7974 4703.
If you or someone you know needs help understanding this information, including language or other needs, please let us know.