You may be able to get a Council Tax discount or exemption if you are an apprentice, trainee or student aged 18 or 19. Or if you live with one.
Who can apply
You can apply for this discount or exemption if you, or a person you live with is:
- 18 or 19 years old and in full-time education, has left school or college after 30 April and their parent or guardian is still receiving Child Benefit
- under 25 years old and undertaking training through an approved scheme under the Employment and Training Act 1973
- an apprentice on an eligible scheme
You can apply for a discount as an apprentice if you:
- are learning a trade or profession through your employment
- are working towards an accredited NVQ qualification
- earn much less than the rate of pay a qualified person would receive
- earn no more than £195 per week
How to apply
Fill in the online form to apply for a trainee and apprenticeship discount.