About the Community Infrastructure Levy
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) is a charge collected from new developments, which funds facilities such as:
- roads and transport
- sport, recreation and open spaces
The CIL applies to all proposals which add 100m2 of new floorspace or an extra dwelling. This includes bringing vacant buildings back into use. The amount to pay is the increase in floorspace (m2) multiplied by the rate in the CIL charging schedule.
Camden collects 2 types of Community Infrastructure Levy: the Mayoral CIL and the Camden CIL.
Camden adopted a new Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedule on 30th October 2020.
Any planning permission granted after this date is subject to these new rates.
- Mayoral CIL charging schedule (PDF)
- Mayoral CIL 2 Charging Schedule (PDF)
- Camden CIL charging schedule (PDF)
- Camden CIL charging schedule for permission granted after 30th October 2020 (PDF)
- Annual CIL Rate