Camden’s Youth Pathways Finder project will provide an individualised programme of learning, enterprise skills and employment opportunities targeted at young Camden residents, aged 19 to 25, who are in danger of violent crime, involved in youth violence or vulnerable to being at risk of exploitation.
The programme aims to open up new opportunities and develop aspirations for young people. This is a cornerstone to supporting the participants to live full and fulfilling lives away from poverty and lack of opportunities.
All employment opportunities are to be fully-funded by Camden Council. This means funded posts to fulfil your organisation’s resource gaps. This creates an opportunity to support the most vulnerable to realise their potential.
What does a good placement look like?
- The placement holder is able to engage in enrichment activities that broaden their insight into your organisation and sector.
- 1-2-1 insight meeting with senior professionals.
- Workshops to expose participants to the organisations.
- Activities to develop communication and people skills.
- Short project challenge related to business activity.
- 1-2-1 meetings with employees to gain insight into how to enter industry.
- A few days or weeks of work experience placement.
Your organisation can provide:
- A number of short experiences which offer young people insight into your organisation and sector.
- A paid work placement for a young person that will enable them to support your business’s objectives and support their employability journey.
- Learning opportunities for a young person to gain a new skill and insight into a new subject area.
Camden Council will:
- Provide ongoing pastoral care and support throughout the young person’s involvement with your organisation.
- Be a point of contact for any queries that may arise.
- Support you to create an engaging and diverse employment experience for young people. This will involve support with curating short experiences and work placements.
- Support to design quality experiences for in remote working environments.
- Camden-based employer
- Health and Safety compliant with COVID-19 guidelines
How to apply
Please email Tyrone.email@example.com to find out more about the programme.
Camden Youth Pathways Finder - Employer Leaflet
Camden Youth Pathways Finder - Participant Leaflet